Brutal but Kunnin' - Kunnin' but Brutal (Ork Rumors?)

pretre

Old school Freebootaz could buy stuff from other books, mostly vehicles.  Not looted, but bought straight up.  Applied to some wargear, too.  They were mercenaries as well, so they could potentially be a formation with a large allies matrix.

Course back then they were just basic human stats minus an initiative plus a toughness... 

• Like 1

I just noticed something: "Eavy Metal is a brand new feature..."

That's a bold statement for something about 25 years old.

Orks gladly fight alongside Ogryns and they loot tanks. Freebootaz and Blood Axes go to war for the highest bidder. There are even rare chaos worshipping Orks, at least before the retcon.

Too true - that's a funny intro. Maybe White Dwarf wasn't just rebooted, but retconned by JJ Abrams. Anyone notice more lens flares in it lately? KHAAAAAANNNNN!

Orks gladly fight alongside Ogryns and they loot tanks. Freebootaz and Blood Axes go to war for the highest bidder. There are even rare chaos worshipping Orks, at least before the retcon.

Freebootaz just have better fashion sense.

Man alive 53 for five? I'm not positive I want to grow my Squad that much...I still have some bits to make more the way I already did, used 2nd ed kustom-kombi weapons

Keep in mind that those look like big ass models. Still spendy, but gives you perspective.

I have 3 bashed up Flash gits already but on the smaller bases,will I need to get the larger bases to field those?

Those new models are just begging to be mounted up in a Pirate ship BW of which I just happen to have a looted Rhino that will make a nice base for one :happy:

Plus ive heared that the looted wagons are being removed from the new dex...rumor of course but ive always had REALLY bad luck with that "Don't press DAT!" rule anyway.

Now that the info on them is all out there I don't really see them as being much more competitive than they were before but being all shooty and such I think setting them up midfield in a BW perhaps with a KFF mech or maybe a Morkanaugt in range of protection may be rather fun to try.Possibly viable if you are able to tax your opponents AV fire with other walkers,BW`s and such.

But with only 6+ armor they will quickly be blown off the board outside of hard cover.

Heres hoping that the days of "LOL you took Flash Gits!" are over.

I think battle wagons are awesome as long as the price is the same. Well and you understand its a 1 way trip. 14 front armour should get there for assault. Just wont be there for much longer. problem is that barrage hits side armour that's where the battle wagon falls short.

3 running at you top speed with deffcoptas and bikes should be all the havoc you need to get them into assault. I hope anyway.

Im gona try a speed freak army and the only way it works is if I can get those wagons to the squishy pinkskins.

As for flashgitz well there a flash in the pan to me, haven't seen a rule anywhere that makes then good. Lootas shoot better and burna boyz are powerweapons so If the rules are all about the same I cant see using flashgitz.

My 2 cents

TW Haines

• Like 2

I've got a squad of ten half-kitbashed Flash Gitz in a box waiting for the Codex to drop.  I haven't got 7th Edition yet, and if the Ork Codex sucks I think I may take my first hiatus from 40K in... holy crap, 20 years?!? 

I'm still obsessing about last year's OFCC where I had the worst single game experience I've ever had in those two decades of play (Would it have counted as a ragequit if I table-flipped after only the terrain had been set up?) and since the implied social contract of both players having fun seems to be as rare as a Best Sportsmanship award at 'Ard Boyz nowadays.

Way back in the day I won my first tournament with Orks, and have amazing fun converting models for the army.  I started playing Orks when I realized I had more Ork models and conversions (oh random Bioniks chart, such an inspiration) because after picking up a few models here and a few models there I set up a full greenskin horde practically ready for play.  I stopped playing Orks because I am deliberative about my moves in a game, and that's something one simply cannot be when fielding a horde.  My natural play style could easily be mistaken as deliberate slow play, which is why I switched to Mega Armored Nobz, then Sisters, and later on to Grey Knights in order to speed up my play for my opponents sake.

So, Ork Codex = bad I probably won't play 40K for quite a while. 

C'mon greenskins.... show me a little WAAAAAAGH