Changes in 7th edition

Threejacks

The barge is a Fast Skimmer Chariot.

Another one I read in a post at Dakka...It appears that Super Heavys no longer give the 1 vp per 3hps of dmg suffered at the end of the game since its not listed as a rule in the new book.

Actually, no. The only book that lists Lords of War options available to armies (in the normal game, at least) is Escalation, which has the "one VP per 3 HP" rule as part of it.

Rcnjack, on 24 May 2014 - 08:06 AM, said:snapback.png

Another one I read in a post at Dakka...It appears that Super Heavys no longer give the 1 vp per 3hps of dmg suffered at the end of the game since its not listed as a rule in the new book.

Abuse Puppy;

"Actually, no. The only book that lists Lords of War options available to armies (in the normal game, at least) is Escalation, which has the "one VP per 3 HP" rule as part of it."

I was wondering about this when I read that...I see that the rule "Thru Attrition,Victory" is part of the LoW detatchment rules not part of the Escalation Altar of Battle rules.

Thnx for helping me get that cleared up:)

I got my book finally on Wednesday and finished reading through yesterday. I am overall very positive. I like what I'm seeing and need to try out Maelstrom before I pass judgement. Eternal War looks fine though and I like a lot of the changes.

I've been noodling going back to Space Wolves for my first lists. Obj Sec and everything scoring means that RB spam and GH heavy lists are good again. Hmm...

• Like 1

Also, now that any unit is scoring, scout bikers can just start on it, and then turbo boost off of it as well.  

Very dumb.

As some one who never liked fast attack I like this gives them a reason. Extrapolating this vehicles themselves could also take the relic and flat out. This gives everybody (but nids) a way to grab it and play keep away...

Vehicles CAN'T pick it up though.

Seizing the Relic: A non-vehicle model in a scoring unit can seize the Relic by moving into base contact during the Movement phase – that model then automatically picks it up at the end of the phase. From that point, the Relic remains with the model (move the Relic with the model to show this) until it is dropped, which can happen voluntarily, but happens automatically if the model is slain.

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

My favorite is still available rhino wall Los blocking to prevent most shooting but assault too. Run and embark on anything still alive. Or do this inconjucntion with scouting bikes.

Mission still favors speedy armies.

My favorite is still available rhino wall Los blocking to prevent most shooting but assault too. Run and embark on anything still alive. Or do this inconjucntion with scouting bikes.

Not sure what you mean here. Drive your rhinos around the Relic so no one can get to it?

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Not sure what you mean here. Drive your rhinos around the Relic so no one can get to it?

Yup scout three rhinos up and do like a wagon wall. Keep guys in so if popped footprint remains. As bike or tact squad runs back advance rhinos into line. Worked we'll for me. Not as good as jet bikes but still a fair tactic.

What's the significance of troops if everything is scoring now? Mind you, I don't have the new book yet.

Objective secured Special rule. The same one the Sky blight gargoyles have. Basically Clown scoring, a unit with objective secured can only be contested by another unit with the rule.

You can roll up with that elite unit and if they kill all the enemy in the area they can score, or you can run some troops in behind and score it even with that big daemon prince right there!

Guest Mr. Bigglesworth

Correct. You can take a minimalist troop list and have a chance maxing points on objectives.

What I like is that losing all troops doesn't mean the end

Cool, so even in unbound lists, troops are still important for holding an objective. Unless of course your goal is to just table the opponent.

Unbound lists don't get the bonus. Only armies that follow detachments get these bonuses. Unbound armies don't use detachments and therefore do not get benefits. The combined arms (traditional foc) gets two bonuses The warlord from it gets to reroll his warlord trait and troops in the detachment get objective secured. The bonuses a battle forged army gets are listed with the detachments and all models must be part of some detachment in order to claim the army is battle forged.

Some detachments like the imperial knights don't get objective secured but as the book says it is a detachment it would allow you to add them following those restrictions and still claim battle forged status for a combined arms foc (traditional one) gaining you objective secured on troop units in the combined arms foc. Kinda complicated but I really like it...