ZGames Class Reunion

scottshoemaker

Z Games, home of the "Choose your own Adventure" monthly campaigns.

The "have your HQ charge your opponents HQ, hand your opponent something small and yell at the top of your lungs, 'You've been served!' It is up to your opponent to take your HQ's head or battle him".  Mike jumped off the floor & instead of fighting my Avatar, Mike's GK HQ took his head.

It was EPIC!

Or the Tourney, game 3, where we had to swap armies with our opponent and poor Nik with the thousand plastic Orks had to play with my dainty pewter Eldar and I had to figure out how to move SO many models in a timely manner. It was AWESOME!

Who could forget: starting EVERY tourney with a healthy WAGGGGGGGGGG

• Like 3

My company gave me three months paid paternity leave and I would go several times a week with my newborn daughter and hang out with Sean playing warhammer. Z Games is where I honed my undead army and finally won a Rogue Trader tournament. He also introduced me to flames of war and now I'm a complete historical wargamer. I also loved the slot car races and playing Call of Duty on the network.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

ZGames was my first foray into an organized wargaming community, which by a stroke of fate led me to DMB, which led to Ordo.  I met my Best Man at ZGames.  I am forever grateful for it's place in my hobby journey, and the part it played in the hobby of so many people.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't a Zgame regular as much as some, but I bought my very first miniatures at Zgames (Necron Battleforce + 3 metal Wraiths and codex) when I decided to try out this "miniature gaming" that my roommates were into, and have been hooked every since. Played my very first miniature game there too, a game of 4th edition 40K on the day that the 5th edition book dropped, lol. Will always have found memories of Zgames!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I only visited a few times but Sean sold me on Rackham’s Confrontation. I bought the rule book and some blisters on the spot. I remember him saying that Z-Games was one of the biggest Confrontation stores of the west coast.

Maybe it’s time for a revival…..Confrontation Underground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 10 months later...