FAQs are up!

pretre

Hmmm... does all of the torrent template have to be placed in the weapon's arc of fire, or just the start point? I'm guessing all of it, but never hurts to ask.

You have to place the start point in LOS, but not the end point. Remember, however, that you can only allocate wounds to models that your weapon can "see," as template weapons do not break that part of the rules.

All summoning powers should be warp charge 3. Daemonolgy seems to be the worst part of this new addition. I like all the other disciplines.

Daemonology is pretty stupid-strong, but don't forget about Telepathy. Sniping characters, being hit on 6s by everything, shrouded, and improved-range psychic shriek? Don't mind if I do! Eldar deathstars are essentially six times as deadly now.

Oh, and Warlocks/Pink Horrors can summon. That's just ridiculous.

Apparently, they F'd up the SW faq.

FAQ'd to replace the wrong sentence. You get both +1 to DtW and flat 4+ nullify, by RAW, but they aren't a force weapon.

In ENGLISH, they did not - the "furthermore" line replaces the "furthermore" line.

Please don't be like that silly girl on the 40k FB page making this foolish argument!

In ENGLISH, they did not - the "furthermore" line replaces the "furthermore" line.

Please don't be like that silly girl on the 40k FB page making this foolish argument!

Okay, first off. Let's quote the pieces we are talking about.

FAQS (emphasis mine)

Page 36 - Runic Weapons

The third sentence of the Runic Weapons rule should be replaced with the following:

'Furthermore, a model with a runic weapon adds 1 to deny the witch rolls.'

Page 53 - Staff of the StormCaller

Replace the Staff of the Stormcaller's rule with the following:

'The Staff of the Stormcaller is a runic weapon (stave) that grants Njal an additional +1 bonus to Deny the Witch rolls (for a total bonus of +2).'

Original Text (emphasis mine)

Runic Weapon: Runic weapons are the signature tools of the Rune Priests, often taking the form of staffs or wickedly bladed axes. Carved with protective sigils and canticles of banishment, the weapon affords excellent protection against the powers of the Warp. A runic weapon is a force weapon. Furthermore, whenever an enemy model succeeds on a psychic test within 24" of the bearer, roll a dice - on the roll of a 4+ that power is nullified. A runic weapon always wounds Daemon models on the roll of a 2+. This special ability has no effect on vehicle models.

Staff of the Stormcaller: Njal's staff acts as a runic weapon that nullifies enemy psychic powers on the roll of a 3+ (see page 36).

New Text (emphasis mine)

Runic Weapon: Runic weapons are the signature tools of the Rune Priests, often taking the form of staffs or wickedly bladed axes. Carved with protective sigils and canticles of banishment, the weapon affords excellent protection against the powers of the Warp. Furthermore, a model with a runic weapon adds 1 to deny the witch rolls. Furthermore, whenever an enemy model succeeds on a psychic test within 24" of the bearer, roll a dice - on the roll of a 4+ that power is nullified. A runic weapon always wounds Daemon models on the roll of a 2+. This special ability has no effect on vehicle models.

Staff of the Stormcaller:The Staff of the Stormcaller is a runic weapon (stave) that grants Njal an additional +1 bonus to Deny the Witch rolls (for a total bonus of +2).

It isn't silly to follow the rules as written. Do we know what they probably meant? Yes. But do we have to follow the rules as written until FAQ'd (by GW or a TO)? Yes.

No. I have a brain. I'm going to use it.

Geeze, No reason to get aggressive about it.

This issue is no different than any number of dozens of Rules as Intended (RAI) vs Rules as Written (RAW) arguments over the years. In each case, someone claims to know what GW intended and chooses to base their interpretation off of that. The problem is that there is no way to prove RAI. For all we know, in a week GW will release a new FAQ answer that says the following:

"Page 36 - Runic Weapons

The third sentence of the Runic Weapons rule should be replaced with the following:

'A model with a runic weapon adds 1 to deny the witch rolls'"

So we go with what is written.

Do I personally agree with your interpretation of RAI? Yes.

Will I play it that way in pick-up games and such? Yes.

Is it the RAW? No.

Should you expect a random opponent at an event to play against RAW? No.

Should you call them silly and imply they don't have a brain? Probably not that either.

:)

• Like 1

OK..Voidshield generators are now fixed!

Check out the Strongold assault FAQ

Nice little addition to the rules on PG 31 "Projected Voidshields.

Yes Blast markers that hit a projected VS now do NOT count up all the models under that blast as hits on the shield and will only count as ONE hit against the shield using its normal Str and AP

Its about time!

• Like 1

Blood Angels lost their powers, and lost their fast Rhino chassis.

They got cheaper mastery level two stuff.

So our tanks are slow, but still really expensive, and Mephiston has no wings. And can't get into a fast tank. Because blow angels are slow. And stupid. Quagulated.

Stupid GW platelits

A friend tried that yesterday.  He omitted that he was deep striking his army and caught be unawares.  I still won 14-13, but it was a close fought battle for sure.  

BTW, I have to say that the battlefields looks SO COOL in Maelstrom missions as the game goes on.  And the carnage is fun.  Really fun.

• Like 1

A friend tried that yesterday.  He omitted that he was deep striking his army and caught be unawares.  I still won 14-13, but it was a close fought battle for sure.  

BTW, I have to say that the battlefields looks SO COOL in Maelstrom missions as the game goes on.  And the carnage is fun.  Really fun.

Some of the online reporters are stating that in their games, many times it is decided on the first turn as one player has a great hand that they score right away and the other gets a cruddy hand that they can't recover from. Has this happened to you yet?

• Like 1

I love the maelstrom cards, and frankly will never again play a mission without them. The added randomness makes the game friendlier, more dynamic, and more fun. If I wanted pure strategy I'd play chess.

Is it fun on turn one when your opponent gets like 10 points and you get one? Random isn't always always that fun or dynamic.  

That's basically like getting blown off the table turn one. "Great, no way I can even get a Draw here.  Wanna play again I guess?"

• Like 4

Is it fun on turn one when your opponent gets like 10 points and you get one? Random isn't always always that fun or dynamic.  

That's basically like getting blown off the table turn one. "Great, no way I can even get a Draw here.  Wanna play again I guess?"

yes, sometimes the journey is more important the finish.

I play games to play the game, not to win the game.

P.S.  Also the highest points you can get in from the cards in turn 1 is 6 IIRC.

• Like 2

The added randomness makes the game friendlier, more dynamic, and more fun. If I wanted pure strategy I'd play chess.

Meh.  the game can literally come down to what you draw turn one.  May as well just play war (The old card game) or candy land.

If i get kill your flyer (You have none), kill your building (None again), and score an objective on your side (In your Bunker), and I can only get rid of one of them a turn, I lose.

I can get rid of one, but my other two, i cant score.  Mean while you get easy ones?  

Wast of card stock if you ask me.