DoC for OFCC

So here's the list I've got going on for OFCC. I understand that it's going to be seen as a little hard, but demons just aren't that giving when it comes to "softening things up" given how random they are. I also have a problem as I only have so many units and this army is a very labor-intensive hobby project that I've been working on for awhile. Anyway, here we go:

Daemon Prince: Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Slaanesh; Daemon of Slaanesh; Greater Gift; Lesser Gift; Chaos armour; Daemonic flight. 525

Herald of Slaanesh: Lesser Locus of Grace; Lichebone Pennant; Battle Standard. 135

Exalted Flamer 90

Exalted Flamer 90

39 Daemonettes of Slaanesh: Alluress; musician; standard bearer; Banner of Swiftness. 474

15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch: musician; standard bearer. 215

10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch: musician; standard bearer. 150

1 Beast of Nurgle 60

1 Beast of Nurgle 60

3 Flamers of Tzeentch 120

Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh 110

Skullcannon of Khorne 135

3 Plague Drones of Nurgle: musician; standard bearer; Gleaming Pennant. 190

K'daai Destroyer 325

2,799 points

you can take models you love (or have spent time creating) and still "soften" them up. does you demon prince have to have flying? does he have to be a level 4? etc. I faced a similar dilemma with my vamp lord. does he have to be lv4, red fury, quickblood, etc etc etc.

I'll let other more knowledgable peeps talk about the rest of the list.

Yeah, I have a fire theme going on and needed something that matched my model. Anyone know the base size on the unleashed fire elemental?

@Drak: I meant more that it is much harder. I can remove so few things in demons nor are wings or a lvl four really that relevant as they would be for armies like vamps.

OK, so the list is now:

Daemon Prince: Level 4 Wizard; Lore of Slaanesh; Daemon of Slaanesh; Greater Gift; Lesser Gift; Chaos armour; Daemonic flight. 525

Herald of Slaanesh: Lesser Locus of Grace; Lichebone Pennant; Battle Standard. 135
Exalted Flamer 90
Exalted Flamer 90

39 Daemonettes of Slaanesh: Alluress; musician; standard bearer; Banner of Swiftness. 474
15 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch: musician; standard bearer. 215
10 Pink Horrors of Tzeentch: musician; standard bearer. 150

1 Beast of Nurgle 60
1 Beast of Nurgle 60
Seeker Chariot of Slaanesh 110

Soul Grinder of Slaanesh 250
3 Plague Drones of Nurgle: standard bearer; 175

Incarnate Elemental of Fire 275

The K'daai would be pretty fitting given the theme, but I understand the argument against him (although I don't personally find him any worse than a Carmine Dragon).  This list keeps the model I have as a Soul Grinder, loses the cannon for extra comp, and includes an Incarnate for my "for funsies" monster.

Really, what in particular? Besides the cannon, I have a bunch of Str 3 Slaaneshi bimbos, a 110 pts goblin chariot, a small unit of flies, two chaff units that cannot flee, and an Unstable DP with no access to reliable items. I'm just not seeing what the worry is beyond the K'daai.

Really, what in particular? Besides the cannon, I have a bunch of Str 3 Slaaneshi bimbos, a 110 pts goblin chariot, a small unit of flies, two chaff units that cannot flee, and an Unstable DP with no access to reliable items. I'm just not seeing what the worry is beyond the K'daai.

Again, it's not the individual units.  It's how they all come together.  The flies and destroyer could take on a horde of 50 infantry on their own if a few turns of comat.  That list could crush a lot of hopes very fast.  You have the LD spam from slaneesh, terror and fear causing all across the table.

But that still doesn't really pertain to how the list combos with the K'daai specifically considering any unit+the K'daai could take on a horde in a few turns of combat because the K'daai itself can do that.  I'm also not sure what you mean by my LD "spam" considering I only have one Slaanesh caster, didn't bring Tzeentch chariots/Nurgle casters to screw with Ld, and again the K'daai influences this in no ways.  Maybe you're trying to say that Slaanesh LD spells are somehow OP, but that isn't really my experience nor is it anything but an aside to the question of what in my list specifically makes the K'daai more powerful.

I get that the K'daai is likely considered too powerful, but saying that it pairs up with demons better than really any other army is just misrepresenting things.  The only true synergy he has is that I'm running a lot of Warp Flame and he has flaming attacks.

For some reason I though the herald of slaanesh was a wizard as well.  My fault on that one.  I know the k'daai doesn't influence that in any way.  The k'daai is just a k'daai.  Trying to deal with an army with nothing but ward saves and then the k'daai on top of that is pretty brutal.  I know, I know, the ward save isn't the best thing in the game and it doesn't always work, but it's still a save against just about everything.  Not too many things take that away.  This has nothing to do with you, and you are probably a great person, but I have a biased opion about any daemon army.  So, when I see a k'daai in there, it just fuels my biased opinions about daemons.

The k'daai is the most OP single model in warhammer, IMO.

Generally I agree about the K'daai and I've played demons since Mortals in 6th so unreasonable (and reasonable) hatred towards them is not news to me. Really I was just confused about what in my army in particular made the K'daai better than anywhere else. I feel we've reached the conclusion that you have a certain prebuilt notion of demons and the K'daai just did nothing to soften the blow which I get.

That said, I don't particularly think destroyers are the OP given these point levels and access to Arcanum monsters. Still incredibly powerful, but nowhere near where they are in smaller point army-book-locked games.

I can understand what you are saying about the point levels and access to monsters, and I can respect that it opens up some amazing modeling concepts.  However, point-for-point, there are very few monsters on the same level as the destroyer.  I'm used to playing 2.5k games so the jump to 2,800 isn't that much of a difference for me.  That's only one unit for my Dark Elves.

The kadaii isn't as hard to handle as most people think. Frenzy makes it easy to abuse with redirecting or charging with a throw away unit in the flank or rear that it won't entirely kill and then have it pursue and end up facing atheist wrong way. 2+ wards vs flaming are in most armies as well.

The real reason people have a problem with the kadaii destroyer is a lack of game time against it. The initial shock of what it can do in combat sometimes leaves people with the default position of OP rather than trying to think of a solution.

However a destroyer with wings..... Oh for the love of god .... That's OP. Lol