best places to go for PDX game discussions?

Brother Glacius

Just curious what the other main gaming discussion resources are for the pdx area? I know that facebook has quite a few game specific groups for the PNW. I've also found a few discord channels as well. As a specific example, there seem to be quite a few bolt action players out there, but I don't really see discussion here on ordo and I haven't really found any obvious groups on facebook. Just looking for more ideas and ways to connect with local area gamers.

• Thanks 1

Well the group having the game days down in Aurora has a Facebook on Rosti’s Gambit page.  Rostis Gambit here on Ordo is the organizer.

(My Son's Girlfriend's father... also the mayor (former / current?) of Hubbard lol)

Although the wargaming discussion is kinda light on the facebook group - things are really kinda newly evolving over the last year or so I think. 

-d

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I initially told Rostis Gambit about Ordo... as a place to discuss and promote events... but it seems that most if not all of the folks currently playing with the group are not from Ordo. When I did the game day back in march none of my opponents had barely knew of Ordo. I pointed them to check out Ordo - Bolt Action seems like the first real war-game for most of them ... historical WW2 is an easier sell than 40k or something similar. - again at the game day ... the majority of the players are way younger than the typical Ordo event crowd.  Although, I may not be the best judge for that... I would say that most of the game day for bolt action were in the sub 30 year olds... with a few old timers like myself sprinkled in lol.

-d

• Like 1