prove me wrong! 40k rule...7th ed

VonVilkee

OK, from yesterday.  VonVilkee proposed that conjured units do not gain the objective secured rule even when conjured into Battle Forged armies.  

Reason being, objective secured units must be part of a detachment and part of the FOC, units that are conjured are not part of the FOC and therefore not part of the detachment technically.  So, while they can score (like anything else), they are not OS.  

I follow the logic on this, but it is not clearly laid out.  Someone please counter point this.  

What page?

I have a digital version, so I'm not sure what page it would be...

"Precision Shots

If a model with this special rule rolls a 6 To Hit with a shooting weapon, that shot is a ‘Precision Shot’.

Wounds from Precision Shots are allocated against a model (or models) of your choice in the target unit, as long as it is in range and line of sight of the firer, rather than following the normal rules for Wound allocation. A character that has a Precision Shot Wound allocated to it can still make a Look Out, Sir roll.

Note that Snap Shots and shots from weapons that scatter, or do not roll To Hit, can never be Precision Shots."

So if you have that rule - and to your point Characters don't have it automatically now - you have it....

Well, what I'm imagining is a Chapter Master drop podding in with a unit of honor guard.  Turn he shows up he drops the orbital barrage, and then starts wrecking havoc in melee.

That would work, I just always went the shooty route as you never get far from the pod. On paper combat seems like it would work but it rarely goes to plan, pod scatters, no good spot to land, lack of support, then the opponent can hit you with something awkward for them to fight... Honor guard would prolly work better than the stuff I've tried.

• Like 1

Well, what I'm imagining is a Chapter Master drop podding in with a unit of honor guard.  Turn he shows up he drops the orbital barrage, and then starts wrecking havoc in melee.  

That counts as Ordnance and he may not be able to use it if he has moved. But I haven't used it since the old codex and you could not move if you used that.

OK, now how about conjured units not having objective secured?  

Only models that are part of a Combined Arms or Allied detachment gain the Objective Secured rule. Conjured daemons will not have it, neither will models that are part of any other type of detachment (such as Knights, Inquisitorial detachments, formations, etc.)

Am I correct that there is no limitation on models in terminator armor embarking on drop pods?  

Can and always have been allowed to.

• Like 1