Where do you find the land raider achilles?

Xavier319

That thing is a beast, going to be fun trying to remove that from the table with the new rules. Role a 7 with it ignoring melta and lance rules. Vonvilkee and I where talking about how to run one. Cant wait to face that in a game, I may have to make a crazy landraider variant

TW Haines.

Except Knights aren't AV14 and aren't immune to Melta/Lance.

The main issue is that now the Achilles is scoring, whereas before it was just a big box. Thankfully Haywire/Gauss/Entropic still work on it, but with Smash Attack significantly nerfed and being immune to the most common ways of handling that sort of thing, many armies will just have no way of ever killing it, especially if there's a PFG Techmarine sitting on the inside.

Except Knights aren't AV14 and aren't immune to Melta/Lance.

The main issue is that now the Achilles is scoring, whereas before it was just a big box. Thankfully Haywire/Gauss/Entropic still work on it, but with Smash Attack significantly nerfed and being immune to the most common ways of handling that sort of thing, many armies will just have no way of ever killing it, especially if there's a PFG Techmarine sitting on the inside.

It isn't objective secured and you could just charge it with troops. Nee solutions abound and it is still stupid expensive for 4 hull points

Humm..200 pts more gets ya a Stomlord that scores,you can assault out of,carries 40 troops of any unit combo and packs a serious punch firing all of its weapons at different targets.plus its open topped without the +1 damage penalty on the chart with up to 20 models being able to fire out of it.

Huge and can cover an objective to the point that it can be very difficult to get within 3" of it.

And now that LoW choices no longer give up VPs in non escalation scenarios they are even more viable...still spendy though!

Oh and sure it doesn't give the -1 on the damage chart but with the new chart non ap1-2 weapons cannot cause an explodes result and can only glance it down...nine times of course.

OK..I must confess my LRC is STILL not finished and im all but done my Baneblade kit build now :blush: