Bellingham Warhamsters 2022: Where Are They Now?

It's been something like three years now since I've seen some of your faces and I got feeling a bit nostalgic as I was organizing some of my old mini stuff today. I'm not sure if anyone still checks this forum or gets notifications about it, but I figured I'd say hi and see if any of the old crew was still around and felt like catching up on where the last few years have taken us. I'll go first!

As the club was waning I was already pretty tied up with family life - my then-partner's two kiddos were taking up the majority of my time and the rest of it was going to working as her caregiver, a role that I formalized around the end of 2019 so that I could get licensed by the state and finally get paid. Not much immediately changed for us with the pandamech until the kids had to start doing school from home, which was quite an experience. It was was around mid-2020 when the relationship started getting fairly rough and I underwent a fair amount of domestic abuse from my partner, but on the upside I also started therapy, got an ADHD diagnosis, and started medication so I was able to cope and try to improve things for a while. Things didn't improve so much as I eventually figured out that being in an abusive relationship isn't a healthy thing to do and moved out in November of 2021. My dad is getting old and needed some help around the house so it worked out that I was able to move down to his place in Centralia where I've been living since.

It's been a rough transition, especially with missing the kids and being cut off from them by my ex, but I've managed to survive and am actually starting to thrive down here. I've been seeing someone for about three months now, a lovely lady who has a four-year-old daughter with some developmental delays that I've been able to help out with, and I think I actually feel like I have my life back together - or at least it's getting there. I haven't ventured out into the local gaming community at all, but I imagine I'll do so eventually and will probably poke my head into Gabi's at some point in the future and see if I recognize anybody. Also, I came out as non-binary last year and use they/them pronouns now, but I don't mind when people have a learning curve on that so no worries if you make mistakes - I still misgender myself sometimes so I get it. It feels really good to have finally put the work in and figured out a lot of stuff with my gender identity and how being nuerodivergent works with ADHD and the various parts of the ASD spectrum that I identify with. I highly recommend therapy for all!

That about catches anyone who is interested up on what's been going on with me for the last few years. I hope to hear from some of you and I hope you're all doing well! I didn't ever have the emotional communication skills to say so at the time, but you all have meant a lot to me in my life and I really appreciate each and every one of you. I know that I wasn't always everyone's Favorite Opponent™, but all of you you were always mine and I'll always be proud to have been your clubmate.

Anyone is also free to text or email me - my info is all the same as it used to be (3604836780 / smashthedean@gmail.com). I'm bad at taking phone calls, but I've heard my phone number can be used for those as well. Also, here's my face:

20220602-092153.jpg%22

• Thanks 1

I didn't get to be part of the club / group / etc. much more than forum watching/commenting and trying my best to sometimes pop into Dark Tower.

Work crushed anything.  And continues to now.

My pile of shame has long since been renamed my "retirement room" and I'm hoping by the time I get there, some folks in the local gaming community will teach me the ropes.

I hope you are all well!

• Thanks 1

Things for me have been pretty good. I bought a house in 2019, and have been riding out the pandemic in relative comfort. Given the nature of my job, I was still going into work every day, so in a sense nothing changed for me there.

I haven't played much 9th edition. 3 games total. And I would love to get more in. The crusade system has me super psyched and I would love to give it a go.

I am hoping the upcoming OFCC does happen and that I am able to attend. 😄

If anyone is interested in meeting up for a game, board game, or anything of the like please just hit me up (5037157171).

• Like 1

On 7/20/2022 at 9:13 PM, dalmer said:

I didn't get to be part of the club / group / etc. much more than forum watching/commenting and trying my best to sometimes pop into Dark Tower.

Work crushed anything.  And continues to now.

My pile of shame has long since been renamed my "retirement room" and I'm hoping by the time I get there, some folks in the local gaming community will teach me the ropes.

I hope you are all well!

Well if you ever want to get a game in. I would be super interested in playing. 😄

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.