Necromunda, Squats, Terrain, Ho!!

Raindog

The Garage Gang is looking into playing a few game days of Necromunda and haven't played 40K since 4th Edition.

The group has Delaque, two Escher players, and an Orlock player. 

Looking at the gangs, I am not a fan of the Goliaths models and Corpse Grinds are just too gross. I want to stay away from Enforcers, so it seems to leave Squats and Van Zaars as my best options. I simply like the models. I am a huge Dwarf fan, so squats seem to have the edge.

That being said, has anybody played Squats?

Do you like them?

Are they good for a beginning player?

• Like 1

Well, I went in with the Squats and sent out an order. I bought dice through an Etsy site. I am looking for a list builder since Yak Tribe does not have Squats in their list builder. I guess I was spoiled by Corvus Beli having lists ready to build on their site as lists are released. 

• Like 3

• Raindog changed the title to Squats!!

Okay, my squats don't arrive until Monday, so I went locking for Cards and Books. The GW store is sold out of everything but one big box set, but I could order my book from them, so I did. The employee game me blind box of the model of the month: a cool Ash Waste Nomad. 😀

I went to Guardian Games. They have a good selection of books, but not the Outlander book. They have the a nice set of gangs including the squats, and Cawdor, Orlock and Nomad Cards.

Geeks & Games were sold out as well. 

With models arriving on Monday, I decided to build a few pieces of dedicated Necromunda terrain with bits, pvc piping, boxes, and mdf walls. The piping is glued and drying. I will spray it soon. The walls were initially primered blue and green for Infinity terrain, but I put a first dusting of bolt gun over it.  It is drying and needs a few layers, then washes and graffiti. It is my project for the night. 

• Like 2

Okay, today, I painted two long walls and four short walls. They looks rusted out and dirty. I need to clear coat them and add some graffiti, but essentially they are done. 

I constructed two sets of pipes and base coated them .

Finally, I have one loot box done and a cat walk prepped. 

• Like 1

image.thumb.jpeg.ff6450076141fdf69ba56bf914e4eed6.jpeg

It is the same sprue times two. I photoed the top and bottom of the sprue. There are 64 pieces. Some I will not use. There is a lot of head options. My dear wife is calling them the potatoes.

I replied, "No, they are the Spudniks!"

She said, "They have their eyes on you!"

The bases are disappointing, I wanted the new cool, hive ones..... or something other than the standard 28mm base. 

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Tonight's Work! 

The gang is done. A heavy stubber, a bolter, 2 Autogunners, auto pistol, stub gun, and dual bolt pistols.

I have one model left over for last minute fill in after I figure out what I may need. The sprues have no flamers, combat shotguns, or meltas.

Oh, and I fixed the bases by adding bits and grubbins. 

image.jpeg

IMG_3430.jpg

IMG_3432.jpg

• Like 3

Okay, I am back! 

First, thanks to Parker, I borrowed his Necromunda Rulebook and have been reading the rules.  Overall, I am impressed with the scenarios and combat rules. 

When I came home, the box troll delivery system dropped out a parcel from Games Workshop. My Book of the Outlands arrived. The edges of the last 30 pages were stuck together, but that issue was quickly fixed! 

Next, I have been in touch with@scottshoemaker to hire his services. 

Finally, since my previous road trip, I have been listening to Sump City Radio. It is amazing. I could not be more entertained.

• Like 1