Necromunda, Squats, Terrain, Ho!!

Raindog

Ladies and Gentlemen, and painters of all skill levels, I give you a paint you should consider. Mindtaker Mininiatures  has a line of their own paint. Not being able to find a Bolt Gun Metal or variant in the local stores, @Exilerecommended their paint. I am always wary of paint. Some cover better than others. A good metal paint is even harder to find. Only needing a few colors, I picked up the Carbonite (bolt metal) and red ink. The coverage and viscosity is perfect. I cannot recommend it enough. Now, I want to try their gold. 

The ink is subtle and a little goes a long way.

@RobynMM

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Last night, I painted another hab unit for the the Stagnation City. IMG_3827.thumb.jpg.2a502a76bd92d0caecc1f85737e35228.jpg

The piece is MDF that I picked up from @ninefinger ? a a few years back. MDF sucks in paint, so be sure to have a solid primer coat and don't waste tour money on Army Painter or GW spray. Rust-oluem is perfect. I prefer semi-gloss. This will be tacky and needs to cure unless is 90 plus degrees out. 

Unknown-1.thumb.jpeg.23028075ea31760cdc161eb13c801a0f.jpeg

I did not chip away at the building, so I added multiple wash layers over time. The green is too green unless I wanted a verdigris layer on copper.  GW Orange ink mixes well with rust, browns, and greens. You can see it in the above photo on the center of the diagonal and around the rust area. Remember to dilute your inks with extender or water. Let it run. IMG_3824.thumb.jpg.96411d1498bb77b40b12642cdd2fb3c2.jpg

The red in the door is layered to red-orange as a light light and then washed with the Mindtaker Red ink and then a muddy black, and a hit or the orange. 

The vent on the lower left should probably have blue where the silver is, but oh well. 

IMG_3823.thumb.jpg.ddf04f2b841e0c084a0ec4827cdf46fa.jpg

I am really happy with the wash effect on the lower part of the model. Remember the bottom of the building should be darker due to grime and dirty settling downward. 

IMG_3822.thumb.jpg.d24ee9832569febba353c4becae34bab.jpg

The sign is bit @scottshoemaker included as a sampler, so I could decide what products he prints would suit my needs best. 

Comments are appreciated. Would you use this piece?

And as always, if you have bits you want to donate that wold be good for buildings, please send them my way. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Should I be painting models?

Yes.

Am I?

No. 

Basically, I am looking for a color scheme. I do not like the look of the models painted on the box. White should be Howling Banshees, White Scars, or maybe Slanneshi Daemonettes, but not Dwarfs.

With the Leagues of Votann coming out soon, I looked to a few ideas as color examples. rQ7f0RVJNHHocJJR.thumb.jpg.db006be5da863c14129ce00b45565b78.jpg

This green is a good start, but I was liking a bit more olive or oat green. The problem is most of my WHFB Dwarfs are have green clothing. 

8oFTV2w2ohXvNEns.thumb.jpg.54b888317e263dbd7e11443399775259.jpg

I am liking the orange scheme. There are several variations, but I like the idea of survival suits.

Here are few examples that I have seen painted

images-2.jpeg.0521e145ef8896278f8aed917e9411fc.jpeg

images-1.jpeg.9b7749c721631fc22fecc0281f7c6285.jpegimages-3.jpeg.376f8ac2a7adfb5e81c720fc855d2909.jpege9pft6134wc91.thumb.jpg.f924a5de21046ff699fb5e0dc6a9127f.jpgimages.jpeg.e8911005a2a5ee3e20de91ad68fd0d11.jpeg

Thoughts?

• Like 1

I clear sprayed a Brehk's gantry system. In an hour, I will give it another coat. Earlier, I sprayed two small pieces of scatter terrain. 

I had spare GW terrain flooring I made into a gantry or a ramp for Infinity a few years back. It was red and clear coated. Making it metallic again was a chore. The clear coat protected the model so the new layers of paint did not want to go on, but I slowly made it work. The piece is has been washed with inks, but I am waiting for that to dry.

IMG_3819.thumb.jpg.68380a7761f187e2ea5f5bf4e772a010.jpg

I painted this up through the layers last night. It is aquarium gravel filters over GW bulkhead I was given by @Blustormyears ago. The filter needs to be sanded for paint to stick. The underside is re-enforced with plas-card strips. 

And If you are using acrylic paints, mix raw umber with your metals to start the dirty, decayed look.

• Like 1

Okie dokie.

Aquarium Filter Gantry clear coated. 

I used a pill container and bitz to make a pump house and painted in up. 

Then, I started trying a purple to yellow color scheme on a chemical tank. I am only have way through the steps, but I am doubting on its success at this point. Although, I am usually wrong at this point and need to see it through. 

Then, I built the four walls of a building using land raider parts. The roof will be made from flooring from @scottshoemaker.

@scottshoemakercame and dropped off his latest wonders on Saturday, so I was able to roof my MIndtaker Miniatures bitz bin made building and glue it down. 

I painted a gas tank, but need to seal it. 

Finally, I AM PAINTING THE SQUATS!. The test for the base went well and I put the first coat on the armor. I am going to stop the armor and go back and paint all of the bases to an equal state before going to the main part of the model.

Pictures to follow later. 

• Like 2