40K CRUSADE!!! The Unofficial <possibly official>, Thursday Night Crusade Starting September 22nd

Salty Monkey

I want to get a crusade a go nothing official and just for fun and see how it goes.

I'm planning on starting on Sept 22nd

The first night we will all (anyone who wants to play) will rough out how we want to play...escalation or open...Strong story or just 'build a mega-bear'…points or power levels... And on and on and on

The only hard line will be using Tempest of War cards for missions

I know Oscar and myself have decks. I have 3 decks for the club for people to use…if we need more feel free to pick up a deck or I can get more.

No real plan, no real concept. I like story driven stuff (Fluff over Buff) but we can play it as it goes.

I will work up some ideas but anyone interested should bring ideas as well (we can be very social anarchist about how this goes i think)

Anyone interested let me now on this thread or direct message me with questions.

Here is a link to a good crusade overview if anyone would like

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Salty Monkey changed the title to 40K CRUSADE!!! The Unofficial, Thursday Night Crusade Starting September 15th

While I've yet to play Crusade (or my first game at the clubhouse), count me as interested.  Hoping to meet more of you soon.  Regrettably, I'm out of town the 15th.

I've been pretty interested in a Lucius based CSM crusade list.  Something like Lucius' drop pod retinue.  Fluff is awesome. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, lamejosh said:

While I've yet to play Crusade (or my first game at the clubhouse), count me as interested.  Hoping to meet more of you soon.  Regrettably, I'm out of town the 15th.

I've been pretty interested in a Lucius based CSM crusade list.  Something like Lucius' drop pod retinue.  Fluff is awesome. 

Awesome, too bad you can’t make the opening but we will keep you informed and as a fellow heretic welcome!

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Salty Monkey said:

I want to get a crusade a go nothing official and just for fun and see how it goes.

I'm planning on starting on Sept 15th

The first night we will all (anyone who wants to play) will rough out how we want to play...escalation or open...Strong story or just 'build a mega-bear'…points or power levels... And on and on and on

The only hard line will be using Tempest of War cards for missions

I know Oscar and myself have decks. I have 3 decks for the club for people to use…if we need more feel free to pick up a deck or I can get more.

No real plan, no real concept. I like story driven stuff (Fluff over Buff) but we can play it as it goes.

I will work up some ideas but anyone interested should bring ideas as well (we can be very social anarchist about how this goes i think)

Anyone interested let me now on this thread or direct message me with questions.

Here is a link to a good crusade overview if anyone would like

Color me intrigued to make a beast mode ork that makes ghaz look like a punk!!!

• Like 1

• Salty Monkey changed the title to 40K CRUSADE!!! The Unofficial, Thursday Night Crusade Starting September 22nd

@Brother Glacius yeah the 40k app is kinda 'tricky'. Battlescribe is pretty good but i'm unsure if they have a good crusade template.

crusade starts at a list of 1000pts (or 500pts in case we decide on escalation format), 

We are going to talk about points or power level building on the first night, along with other specifics.

so bring a general list and we can focus it up on the night

that goes for anyone planing on giving the crusade a go

Just as a note - this Unofficial Crusade Campaign is an officially approved Ordo Fanaticus campaign.   Work has been keeping me too busy to get full support and a banner up and running, but hopefully I’ll do that soon.

We do have a discount code for anyone that is interested in grabbing a Champion membership for the remainder of the calendar year - use 2022Half in the store to save 50% on a club membership.   GN dues will work as normal for respective championship levels.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/10/2022 at 11:11 AM, ninefinger said:

Just as a note - this Unofficial Crusade Campaign is an officially approved Ordo Fanaticus campaign.   Work has been keeping me too busy to get full support and a banner up and running, but hopefully I’ll do that soon.

We do have a discount code for anyone that is interested in grabbing a Champion membership for the remainder of the calendar year - use 2022Half in the store to save 50% on a club membership.   GN dues will work as normal for respective championship levels.

Awesome!

Next week we get going, so bring an idea what army/starter list you might want but we will be discussing how the group wants to play that same night so your lists might change (Power level or point base can make a big difference)

Also bring any ideas/desires (praise Slannesh) that you might have as we will be hashing out all the particulars the first night.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRKRCZI6Z2lb7lCZBt0Hoi

4 hours ago, BigMick37 said:

Just dropping a question since it is still far from the start date....perhaps a kill team spec ops campaign as well? Pretty but the kill team version of crusade for 40k.

That could be fun, i would hate to muddy up and add more rules to this campaign (seeing this is the first one), but bring it up next week and we'll what the group decides

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

What all needs to be decided upon on the 22nd? What should we prep for beforehand? Should we have an army decided upon and an initial crusade roster? Are these games going to be using strategems and the like?

We have to decide on everything 😉

there is a bunch of stuff to work out : how armies r built, what kind of crusade ( ‘free for all’, teams, escalation, story driven, open play, strats, etc) all kinds of fun options 

that said, I would I would hope we could get a game as well ( that’s the point after all)

if people want to decide on points or power level for army building before next week we can have list ready

Otherwise I would have an idea of what you want to play, maybe a loose starting force and a plucky attitude 

image.gif.2139d45a46459d25c1fd7f86e511a320.gif

2 hours ago, Salty Monkey said:

That could be fun, i would hate to muddy up and add more rules to this campaign (seeing this is the first one), but bring it up next week and we'll what the group decides

Understood on the killteam part. They are separate in tbst way unless we want to combine stuff and such. I got an idea or two so I'll bring it up to the group when we me.

• Thanks 1

for those who want a little more than my non-answer above

if you want to make your starting roster ahead of time i would use matched play points system. this can easily be converted to a power level system if we decide to go that way 

starting roster would be 1000pts and if you are adding points via the troop requisition CP thing (forgot the name) it would be 20pts per 1 power level gained. (The nominal conversion rate is 20:1)

Im camping this week but i will try to answer questions as i can.

27 Camping Memes That Will Make You Want To Go Camping Right Now | Camping  memes, Funny pictures, Go camping

I'm currently bouncing around a few armies. One the one hand, I'd really like to do knights...but I'm fairly confused about how to do an army composed out of lords of war and only at a 1000pts no less. I just picked up the latest WD due to the points update but it also had new Crusade rules for necrons in it. So I could go necrons too. My Ad Mech are also calling to me. Ugh. Do formations come into play with Crusade? Like do I need to be able to create a legal formation with the units I have in my crusade force?

On 9/14/2022 at 6:15 AM, Brother Glacius said:

I'm currently bouncing around a few armies. One the one hand, I'd really like to do knights...but I'm fairly confused about how to do an army composed out of lords of war and only at a 1000pts no less. I just picked up the latest WD due to the points update but it also had new Crusade rules for necrons in it. So I could go necrons too. My Ad Mech are also calling to me. Ugh. Do formations come into play with Crusade? Like do I need to be able to create a legal formation with the units I have in my crusade force?

Typically standard battle forge rules apply, for example; you would have to take separate detachments  of imperial army’s but there is no penalty for doing so outside of the CP cost

Outside of that maybe just bring a small amount of various armies your interested ( you seem to have a bunch of options) in playing see what others are bringing and decide from there. I’m bring my chaos marines but I might be open to other options in case a good story line pops up

image.jpeg.9fe431db42663f8a48fc49b849b742b8.jpeg