40K CRUSADE!!! The Unofficial <possibly official>, Thursday Night Crusade Starting September 22nd

Salty Monkey

BATTLE 1:  Mining Site, Asteroid L-39 (vs. Adeptus Mechanicus “Sororita Mechanicus”)

The Annihilator’s close-range sensors confirmed a warp storm as the aural inhibitor.  Taros’ system records noted asteroid L-39 as an abandoned mining complex - worth investigating for the source of disturbed space.   As Dempstar’s retinue hurtled toward the dull rock in the Dreadclaw Drop Pod its warning system began blaring.  Unexpected machine signals were behind the flashes of immaterium that crackled over the landing area and through Deicide’s hull.  A stuttering pict-screen traced out industrialized habs on the edge of the mining site.

In threes the Noise Marines expertly cleared the shuttle and were greeted by a wash of flame.  Promethium filled Clintius’ senses as he dropped to the ground, activating a plunger of combat stimulants.  “Garish,” he thought out loud, admiring the vivid hues of the threatening battlesuits.  He screamed a litany of excess at the enemy and myriad resonant frequencies filled the site as the Noise Marines opened fire on anything in range.  His aspirant, Lodieron, led an assault on the twin automatons.  As the Marine’s power fist slammed into the first Kastelan, both machines and their technician disappeared in a blinding flash.  The cowards had avoided salvaging.

Dempstar ordered the Dreadclaw to sweep over the site and support the Noise Marines clearing the mine shaft.  While they dispatched the feeble cyborgs, the aloof Master of Possession moved into the complex toward the strongest sense of warp disturbance.  As he pondered a rocky outcropping with glowing veins, the larger robots reappeared behind vacuum-habs with more support on the flank.  Unamused, he summoned Deicide with his psychic-implant for an escape.  The Dreadclaw heeled to Master, consigning more cyborgs under its thrusters, but lust for spilling lubricants drove it into combat with the lurid Kastelans.  The leading suit landed a one-two punch, leaving Deicide immobilized and enraged.

Patience lost, the Master challenged the still living Mechanicus forces in the open, while ordering his Marines to enfilade on top of a mining exhaust fan. Becoming overwhelmed by the ancient twins and Rangers, Dempstar precisely slammed his overcharged power staff into the wounded Kastelan’s reactor and vanished in the proceeding explosion.  The Noise Marines, now in an elevated position, cleared the battlefield of remaining threats.  Back on Infant Annihilator’s deck, Dempstar received the Noise Champion’s gravelly report, “No sign of the Tech-Priest, it escaped.  Taking measure for recovery of Deicide.''  As the warp storm around Asteroid L-39 faded, Dempstar ruminates lost loot and vengeance.

• Like 3

….intercepted transmission…translating…decoding…

”Izzik, tell me more of these Voltans.” Says an unknown voice, followed by another.

” These half-men are strong and well equipped. More so than when we last seen them in any measurable force. They easily overwhelmed our Nurgle allies… It seems the maggotkin’s hold on the planet is not as strong as they said.”

”yes, yes I know that already…I haven’t seen a squat in an age. I will need samples immediately. Abandon the Nurglekin to their own devises, what they offer is nothing to these new samples. I will launch my shuttle right away and be there to oversee our new priorities.”

”Yes Master, we will prepare your arrival”

…..transmission ended...

• Like 1

The kastelans remains were piled in a heap of mangled metal. Chi-Eta-10's somber gaze slid over her fallen flock as she laid a careful hand upon a darkened face-plate.

--

The noise marines charged in a cacophony of bolter fire and revving chainswords. Chi-Eta-10's machines were caught out of position by the drop pod. This was not according to plan. She swiftly calculated a new vector and activated the Solar Flare to bring her children to safety and regroup.

She hummed a half-remembered litany of praise while skillfully joining ruptured seams. Her heart hurt to see these great creations destroyed to such a degree. She would repair her flock to their rightful glory.

--

The enemy’s drop pod scorched the ground as it charged towards the kastelans, but preparations had been made this time. It was intercepted with a flurry of blows as her cyons tore into it during the one-sided foray.

New metal was patched to the bodies, old connections rejoined, as Chi-Eta-10 rebuilt them to stand again. The piles of parts were re-formed, the ruptured seams cauterized.

--

Chi-Eta-10 charged with her children to the sorceror, stunning him with stored power. But foulness in the warp had other designs. She looked on with growing concern as her offspring struggled to fight, unable to gain an advantage. Her powered blows against the psyker's side were inadequate stop him from rending her child in twain. The progeny’s systems overloaded, taking the psyker with it in an explosion of viscera, alloy, and red mist. Though the spectacle satisfyingly violent, it wasn’t the drawn out pummeling of blood and guts the enemy deserved.

Chi methodically polished the paint and plating; the kastelans gleaming new. Her mastery of their machinations had restored them fully unscarred. Magos Vyrsa entered the repair bay, appraising her work. "You've done well, datasmith. I will grace you with a title for your deeds. You may be called ... Tenacity".

--

Chi-Eta-10 slumped against a rock, the battle nearly over. Her children had been slain, Magos Vyrsa had gone silent, and the last remaining skitarii no longer reported. She stumbled to her feet, pistol in hand, as she raised a banner. The forces of chaos would pay. Her weapon glowed as the charge tore through a noise marine. She swayed from the discharge, but righted herself with the planted banner. She would not give up.

Readouts flickered sporadically across her vision, threatening to darken. Another marine fell as Chi-Eta-10's aim stayed true. She would hold this objective until the last.

The end was nigh.

Suddenly, the marines fell back as support arrived in overwhelming force. Chi-Eta-10 wheezed a shaky mechanized sigh of relief. She had completed the magos final order: no retreat, no surrender.

The last remaining survivor held the line.

For she was Tenacity incarnate.

• Like 3

Week 2 -

The Governor sits at the conference table just outside his office. His frustration is hard to hide.

Men and women hustle around him, monitoring data-pads and comm-relays.

"White Scars have reported that the Ork infestation to the south is bigger than they expected. They will continue to track the southern lands for updates."

"Ships have been reported near L-39, but all security has been removed from the mine there so we have no confirmations as to who or what is there."

"Squats...I mean The Votaan have been spotted near the the norther wastes near the prison colony. We are unsure as to when they arrived but due to the quarantine we have no official reports from that area either..."

"Do we have any real information?" The governor asked

"Well sir, it seems that some of the Salamanders Marines and some of Lord Glacius' knights are having a scuffle on protocol. At least that's what the official report states..."

"Like we don't have enough problems now our own forces are squabbling. Keep me informed...I need a drink"

--------

Week 2

The patrols continue!

500pt games this week. Up to 2 allowed for EXP & RP

• Like 1

Limping  the battlefield Izzik barely manages to crawl into the Rhino. 

The doors shut and the transport begins to move

“It wasn’t Marines sir, it was The Sounders, I was unprepared…everyone else is dead.”

Lord Danzig steps from the front

”Izzik you’re weakness sickens me….” Danzig raises his axe “you should have died on the battlefield!”

With that he cleaves his useless head form his even more useless body.

”take me to the ship, Bile is sending us back to the Warp…I hope he’s as merciful with me” Danzig says flatly as he opens the loading door and kicks the lifeless remains of Izzik into the mud, where he belongs!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Brother Glacius said:

yeah, sweet jesus, that chaos list is nasty. My knights gave them a good run though. A little more luck on my shooting and I might have pulled it out. Fun game though. At the same time, his powerfist went two turns doing no wounds. Next time 750? Does that mean 6 CP base?

That is correct my friend 

• Thanks 1

Governor Awakens in the predawn. A peaceful sleep was surprising after these past weeks of chaos

He looks out at the rising sun “Maybe this is a sign that things will calm down “ he stated with a sense of brief calm. Was that some exotic bird in the distance, what a beautiful start to the day…then a flash of light and fire in the sky, that’s seems to grow. 
“What the *#^%!

The fireball grows with incredible speed and it coming directly towards the city.

in stunned disbelief The governor stood slack jawed as an assistant bursts through a the door 

“Sir! It’s The Endeavor, she has come through the atmosphere and is crashing!!!!

——————

this weeks is 750pt games max of 2 games for exp and RP

and like Oscar said everyone gets a free 250 points to add to their rosters

also anyone interested in narrative stuff please keep posting here or Message me. I see things starting to how thinks may or may not go 

any and all feed back welcome 

• Like 3

BATTLE 2:  Imperial Refinery, Pumps
(vs Creations of Bile "The Scourged")

Astartes like Clintius had a terminal relationship with Fabius Bile.  Bile’s mastery of superhuman biology could keep the Third Legion’s genetic flaw at bay, yet, histrionic disbelief in the deamonic had soured Dempstar’s patronage with the Primogenitor.   Bored over endless tinkering on flesh, the stench of vat-born creations would divert Clintius to prove the dominance of the whispering immaterium.  Infant Annihilator’s cogitators constantly hunted for Bile’s many minions and had found Issik within the system.  The Raider-class ship brought the Sounders in range of an Imperial refinery in a working state of repair.  

Without The Scourged’s awareness, Clintius plotted their vulnerabilities and the upcoming excess of violence.  The Noise Marines boarded Atramentus, a Dreadclaw, and launched toward an exposed flank behind a starship refueling port.  Skipping any crescendo, apocalyptic reverberations burst bloated muscles of Havocs and counter-attacking Bikers.  Cultists fled as the Drop Pod strafed the refinery site, burning and pulverizing.  Already satisfied by his warband’s flawless execution, she gifted him another reward in the ceramite pile of Issak’s unconscious body.  Dempstar slotted a vial of Fabius’ elixir into his armor and winced in pleasure.

BATTLE 3:  Imperial Refinery, Outskirts
(vs Imperial Knights "House Glacius")

The Sounders regrouped at their rendezvous site on the refinery edge.  Before the last Marine embarked, Atramentus’ augur discovered what Dempstar could already hear in the wind.  A trio of War Dogs materialized in the Taros Prime dust, apparently sent to scout the disturbance at the refinery.  Clintius cleared the Drop Pod hatch and roared at the closest investigating Armiger - the machine buckled to its knees as the warp-fuelled invocation overwhelmed the pilot.  His retinue of Marines formed a firing line and the ensuing cacophony ends the war machine's misery.

The remaining duo of Knights pounded toward the warband - their melta beams cooked the atmosphere overhead and quieted Atramentus.  The vehicles pushed toward Clintius, bringing his abilities to the limit.  Converting his pain into lechery, Dempstar projected masochistic invigoration onto his retinue.  He steadied himself for punishment and lunged his stave into the imminent Armiger, disappearing in the precipitating explosion with the walker.  The diminishing corp of Noise Marines evaded the sweeps and strikes of the last warglaive, giving Lodeiron the opportunity to punish the pilot's mistakes with his Power Fist.  The dull static of wind filled the Aspiring Champion’s helmet as the battle ended.  From the Annihilator’s bridge, Dempstar considered his exaltation and gave a haughty sneer.  

CSUahIV.jpg.76cdf9875657cc0a0e349dc60dc283d5.jpg

• Like 4

The winds howl as Lord Belial watches as the Dark Angels ship crashes in an exceptionally strong explosion in the south part of the main city of Taros Prime. His tattered cloak vibrates in the air like some vile flag, his bestial mount shifts as if anxious for the kill.

"The crash and the bomb worked better than Master Bile predicted...a rare miscalculation for The Spider" He stated to a Warp Talon by his side.

Much like his decision to send the inferior Scourge to do a Hound's job. He thought to himself, he would never say such a thing aloud and curses himself for thinking it.

As he watch the fury of activity in the city he is alerted by Ipizg, the raptor champion hovering above. "Prey has been spotted, to clicks south"

"Excellent." he state as he motions The Pack to take flight.

His great bests grows more anxious. "Eazy Y'Golth, you will taste blood soon"

• Like 2

I love the after action fluff. Decided I should add my own 🙂

Battle One: The old foe.(Space marines vs the pirate orks) Desert outskirt colony.

The small skirmish of the Speedwaagh of Dakka was wandering the cosmos for a time that was unknown. They would drop on any planet that showed promise and in the Desert area of said planet held an old foe. The space Marines. Umies as Dakka would call them. The old voice of Gork, or maybe Mork, compelling Dakka to engage the old foe caught in such a small group. The vehicles dropped from the sky with the bikes following behind and challenged the old foe for some good old Krumpin. Krump them they did as Dakka charged the warlord for his own want and glory. Taking two heads before the remaining terminators Cut Dakka down. His wartrike driving off with Dakka still chained to the  rear dragging his alive body from the battle. After the battle the space marines retreated with the Terminators still standing strong but the materials they were carrying left with the hit and run tactic of the Pirates. 

The mighty Deff dread(Mr. Smiley) and Megatrakk scrapjet(Da kinda flying ting) that came with them tore through the land raider and space marine squads opening up the attack line to the warlord. While Dakka fought as warbosses did alone and in the front, he took a power fist that dropped him from his bike. After the speedwaagh pulled back to ensure his survivaly taking the battle and the loot with them. "Yous see wez wanted da head of the old umies. So I gots one with the speed of GORK!" This was all the wounded Dakka said after the first skirmish.

Battle Two: The smaller old foe. (Sisters vs the Pirate orks) Desert outskirt colony on the same planet.

After the first fight with the umies the orks left to ensure their warboss's survival. Along the way a juicy target presented itself to the orks and the screams of Mork told Dakka his wounds were minor and he needed another head. This time the sisters of battle were the humans they found and dropped in much like they did before, only minus the Megatrakk so that it could be repaired. Mr. Smiley came back with Dakka and brought the raider boyz of the waagh in with bikes abound. The horde of green rushed to the sisters, krumpin through them with the rush of the speedwaagh behind them. Within moment the fight between the two armies was on and the warlords met alone once again. Dakka cut the cannoness down before pulling back and allowing the raider boyz charge in and surround the sisters. 

With them losing their cannoness in the battle the sister covered their retreat leaving the orks alone and with their prize, another head for Dakka. "Wez gotz two heads now boys! Makes the lootz the same!" The pirate ork was gaining confidence now as he found enough scrap to upgrade his wartrike, giving it even more speed from Gork. The orks vanished after the two skirmishes, continuing their upgrades of the their vehicles and finding a new looting target.

Battle three: The new foe. (Voltan vs the Pirate orks) Ruins of the woods.

The Waaagh was gaining momentum and in turn the boyz were turning up. The rejects from other clans, all flocking to the new waagh traveling and having just krump umies hard. The next foe was the smaller humans, the small gitz as the orks called them. All of them heavily armored and strong, yet the accuracy of their bolters was shocking to Dakka. His own shots missing as if they boyz weren't aiming, but the small umies were cutting his boyz down. Even the mighty battle wagon was unable to change things. The battle shifted and Dakka was blow off his bike, while the scrapjet blew up into scrap and took many with it to cover the retreat of the Waagh. They pulled back quickly having failed to get in close to the small humans. 

"Dem little gitz is tough. Theyz gots armor I want!!!! We go for the less armored gitz next time boyz! Dakka won't need der small heds anyways!" Dakka again received no more than a scar from they battle and continued to wander before he felt the pull of both Gork and Mork for the next foe. No head was taken, no loot was made.

Battle four: The Spikey gitz (Chaos nurgle vs the Pirate orks.) Ruins in the woods.

After the failure with the smaller humans known as the voltan Dakka wanted a bigger head to target. He found it in a small detachment of chaos, a large deamon lord leading them. After landing with his bikers and bringing in the newly fixed up DakkaJet(Da flying ting) and laid down the dakka storm of the boyz. The battle was fast with the speed waaagh wanting a win from the last lost. 

Dakka himself charged in without failure using his grots as stronger fuel covering the entire battlefield in dust and smoke as he pulled to the Deamon lord. His Dakka jet opened up cutting down the body guards around the Deamon lord. His path clear Dakka charged while screaming and cut down the daemon lord after being knocked from his wartrike once. The end result is Volume added another, a third, head to his collection and this one held the giant horns of the Daemons. "Dis why wez da best boyz! Wez got a uge head now! Get the loots and wez be da best speedwaaagh in the orks!!!"

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@SixCoal The 2nd part is correct, you get a free 250pts to add to your roster pool

games are still limited to the weekly point limits but you have more units to choose from (if needed) and you don’t have to use RP for more roster points.

@Tao Tsê-Mung might be able to explain better…me being a simpleton and all 😉 

• Thanks 1

--crusade fluff--

The dust settles on an eerie silent scene right after the crash of 'The Endeavor" The Governor gasps blood as he sits in the rubble of his quarters. The weight of the building crushing his chest...but there is no fear here in the dark. he thought to himself.

In a way this is a fitting end to his duty on this planet. The Muffled screams can be heard now, but that is on no consideration, the cold hand of death is upon him now...now there is only peace.

With a final gasp the Governor dies.

-------

-------

Week 4! is here

750pt games with a maximum of 2 games for exp & rp