Got a Mean Green Itch

Gork(possibly Mork) commands you to play Orks.

ONG are my most feared opponent in skilled hands.

The Secret if Orks is the power level is off the charts but people are hung up on ineffective net builds.

I'd crap myself if I saw some of the better players using that book to its utmost.

I believe my issue with them before, and why I jumped into DE, was that was my first fantasy army. Now a couple armies latter and looking at the Army Book again has me seeing them in a different light.

Now I see different ways to overcome the low leadership and help mitigate animosity. Also the wolf chariot and doom divers are some of the best units per points in the game. And now I won't be bringing the hordes that go "Puff" when a number 6 spell is cast.

I will say though I really want to find a list that works that is mostly Orc and very few Savages. And a Giant! ( I have gone against a couple in the last year and believe my first impression of them being not worth their points wrong.)

What I Feel is the "Scary"

Black Orc Boss + mundane equipment

Night Goblin Great Shaman

Blorc BSB

Night Goblin Shaman

50 NG, 3 Fanatics, FC

50 NG, 3 Fanatics, FC

30 Arrer Boyz, STD, Music

30 Arrer Boyz, STD, Music

5 wolf riders, bows

5 wolf riders, bows

5 wolf riders, bows

5 wolf riders, bows

24 Black Orcs, FC

4 Wolf Chariots

4 Wolf Chariots

Spear Chukka

Spear Chukka

Spear Chukka

Doom Diver

Doom Diver

Mangler

Mangler

Giant

Giant

This would give me a fit in the hands of a good player.

Now I know Black Orcs, special not characters, are considered to be over priced and too squishy but what if I brought smaller blocks of 20 as support instead of the horde block? It would be a less likely target for the mass kill spells and still be a killing machine able to kill monsters and knights alike.

With target saturation I can draw attention away from them till they hit combat. Or they can draw fire while my Manglers make it in.

I have to disagree with you Murphy's.  Black Orcs in a horde of 40 are amazing.  Yes, they will die; however, they put out so much damage when they swing.  They can fight other hordes, small blocks (25ish) of elite infantry, and can even put the hurt onto cavalry units.  Now, it comes down to what you take that will take focus away from the Black Orcs.  Unfortunately, I see three main options.  A horde of Savage Orcs, a unit of 18 Trolls, or a horde of squigs (30ish squigs and 10ish herders).

So, I don't think they are over priced for what they are capable of doing.

Ive had moderate success with hordes of Black orcs mainly due to the attention they draw from opponents; they die in droves and you just have to learn to deal with it. The good thing about all the attention they draw is that its pulled from other threats and elements of the army that can overcome their loss. BUT, If they happen to get into combat fully intact they can brutalize anything in the game, just pick the right weaponry before the fight and smash. Forgetting to reform either for keeping ranks, or gettting wider (to bust more faces) is the main problem with large blocks like this, after every combat you really need to consider the situation and how best to form ranks. (remembering all rules for reforming during combat of course, but there are many options still) 

Also with ITP they can really deploy anywhere on the battlefield and when coupled with giants can be a serious flanking force which can deploy outside of the very important LD bubble of the O&G army.  I think Black orcs are horribly underrated by most of the WH community in favor of Frenzied orcs, which I would NEVER take. Having to frenzy test and roll for animosity, you have two chances to lose control of what your unit is going to do for the turn,  :blink:  I just cannot deal with that in a game that requires so much positioning.  

I like Orc Big Uns, NG's Wolf riders. Black orcs, orc chariots, trolls, smaller boar boyz units. Giants, Rock Lobbas, doom divers.  Main hitters being Big Uns, Trolls, BOs. The 60 NGblock can be a handful as well at times. I seem to have moderate control of what IM doing on the battlefield with these choices. 

The beauty of the O&G army, so many options....