Happy World Cup Ordo

intrizic

I will be listening to the games while at work, and watching what I can when at home.  Should be some good games.  I just hope / pray the USMNT puts up a good fight.  I will be crazy excited if we make it out of the group stage.  I am not sure I agree with Klinsman about leaving Donavan at home; he was the leading scorer...

• Like 2

I would take Donavan over Jose Altidore imo.  But if you look at Donavan's performance this season.....the guy is looking flat and slow...

As for the USMNT chances....I watched Germany tie Cameroon 2-2 in a friendly game, and I've read quite a bit about the injuries plaguing the German team, so that gives me a little hope.

Rinaldo (sp) is also supposed to be out because of injury, so again, some hope.

And although history will argue with me, I think we can beat Ghana,

but, it's a very real chance that we'll be 3 and done, we are in the group of death

• Like 1

Donovan is off the roster because he doesn't fit with the current system and as had been said before he's been flat and disappointing. We have altador for a different role, Donovan wouldn't fit in the holding role that Altadore is supposed to be fulfilling (granted he's been in a huge goal scoring slump). Honestly I think Donovan is overrated. His time in the EPL did alot to help with his undeserved prima-donna attitude that he carried for the first half of his career, but he's backslid alot in the last years that he hasn't gone overseas in the off season.

All that being said, I think we've got an outside chance to make it out of the group. We can beat Ghana, if not for the tired OT legs (we'd had 2-3 OT games prior in the group stages) I think we would have won. US v Ghana really is a dice throw I think. And if we can catch a little fire and carry it through we have a chance against Germany or Portugal.

• Like 2

That game was pretty physical.  Not "high kick to the face / no red card" brutal, but there were a lot of fouls that should have been called.  It was a well fought game and if Mexico's goalie hadn't been freaking amazing (6 saves in one game, some of them improbable), Mexico would have lost by at least 2.

On another note, if the USMNT can tie our last 2 games we should be able to move on.  Even if we just tie one and lose one, I think we should be fine. Portugal I think we have a chance to tie since their two main strikers are out.

• Like 1

Mexico tied Brazil.......riots in the streets of Brazil?

I was not able to watch some of the first half because of meetings but the pace of the game was totally bizarre until about the 65th minute.  I believe that is a statement that the Mexican's managed to come out and keep Brazil on their back foot for most of the game.  Ochoa came out and played an amazing game (and had some luck with placement of a few of the late Brazilian shots).

The most interesting part is that it is possible at this point depending on scoring in the last match that Mexico could come out of the pool in first place meaning that second place in the Group of Death might not mean facing Brazil.

• Like 1

If I had to choose a word to define the 2014 World Cup thus far it would be, upset.  You see champions falling HARD across the groups.

If I had to choose a defining goal for the 2014 World Cup thus far it would be the Van Persie

If I had to choose a save for the 2014 World Cup thus far it would be Ochoa, just pick one

That game was pretty physical.  Not "high kick to the face / no red card" brutal, but there were a lot of fouls that should have been called.  It was a well fought game and if Mexico's goalie hadn't been freaking amazing (6 saves in one game, some of them improbable), Mexico would have lost by at least 2.

On another note, if the USMNT can tie our last 2 games we should be able to move on.  Even if we just tie one and lose one, I think we should be fine. Portugal I think we have a chance to tie since their two main strikers are out.

I think all the games have been physical, and I do NOT understand how that wasn't a red card.......

I think it will come down to 2 things 1) Win or Tie with Portugal 2) Not letting Germany score more than 3 points on us

I'm pretty happy with the play so far.  The worst game I've seen was Russia v S. Korea, bad way to tie a game :(  And I'm a fan of Russie

Mexico vs Brazil was crazy back and forth. 20 min one was attacking, the next 20 min the other was attacking.

Yes crazy physical

(Goal Netherlands)

Russia vs S Korea was crazy. At times I'd vote neither cared to win. And then finally started getting in the game and then checked out again.

(Goal Australia)

Well boys, back to the game ;)

• Like 1

I was not able to watch some of the first half because of meetings but the pace of the game was totally bizarre until about the 65th minute.  I believe that is a statement that the Mexican's managed to come out and keep Brazil on their back foot for most of the game.  Ochoa came out and played an amazing game (and had some luck with placement of a few of the late Brazilian shots).

The most interesting part is that it is possible at this point depending on scoring in the last match that Mexico could come out of the pool in first place meaning that second place in the Group of Death might not mean facing Brazil.

So I went looking during downtime today...  Turns out that group G does not play anyone from group A until the Semis.  Not sure who told me that Winner group A drew second group G.  Not critical except that it means that if we make it out of group we're playing someone from group H (Belgium, Russia, S. Korea, Algeria).