Happy World Cup Ordo

intrizic

I dunno.  You have to ask if Germany is that good or if Brazil was just that bad.  To be honest, I agree with the commentary that was going in the Germany match.  Brazil lazed about the pitch the whole match.  Germany would cross the ball and nobody would move to the other side of the pitch.  Germany would break and nobody would bother to get back for Brazil.  Germany would line up on the 18 yard box and nobody would bother to actually man up and defend.

I get that Brazil lost Neymar and that it shook them and maybe that explains some of what happened but, taking nothing away from Neymar, no way would he have been able to cover all the open bodies in that game either.

That said, I dunno if Argentina have what it takes to beat Germany either but I am at least hoping that Brazil takes a step back and thinks about what happened to them and that the game on Saturday is not as lackadaisical.

very true - Brazil was just sad in that last game - I agree.  But Germany is pretty darn good… looking back to their games - i just think they are better than Argentina.  I don't think Argentina has what it takes to take control of the game and not let Germany get its way in the match.  Germany has the edge in match ups … and I think those will get exploited.  I don't think they will rout Argentina like they did Brazil.  That would be crazy… and a complete collapse by Argentina.  But I think Germany has the edge - and will get the win in convincing fashion.

-

Brazil's first loss was the mental game, and I think they lost that one in their game against Columbia.  I think that was a clash of the best of the South American styles, Brazil put it ALL out on the field in a game where Columbia had nothing to lose and Brazil had EVERYTHING to lose.  You saw it in Silva's yellow card, you saw it in the challenge that broke Neymar's back.  Brazil may have won that battle, but they lost the war in THAT game, they just didn't have anything left for Germany, mentally or physically.

I'll be honest, Argentina shocked the hell out of me.  They didn't have convincing, in context to the rest of the tournament, victories, and their opponents in group stage were marginal.  I certainly didn't see Argentina being the better side in that contest.

I think Argentina is fairly well rested, but I don't think they have the options from the bench that Germany has, which I feel has been a subtle strength for Germany.  I misjudged Netherlands vs Argentina, but I feel very confident Germany will have their fourth World Cup on Sunday.

• Like 2