Imperial Knight questions for Crusade games

Brother Glacius

I have some questions on how to fill out an Imperial Knight Crusade Roster. Right off the bat, are Armigers grouped together in a single unit card, or do they each get their own unit card? I thought I had read somewhere that they each get their own unit card, but I haven't found it again.

Where this becomes really important are the games after 500pts. The armiger units max out at 3 models, so under 500pts. So once we hit games of 750+, I'll need to go from a super heavy aux detachment to a super heavy detachment. The crux of the issue is that we now are going from 1 unit to minimum of three. So if I started with a unit of 3 armigers in a SHA, in order to add more units, I have to switch to a SH detachment and now need 3 separate units.

Ah, okay, I found it, it is under Split units. Basically, the armigers don't stay together after deployment, so each one will have its own card. That being said, if you choose a split unit for your army, you have to field the whole thing. So if I make a single unit of 3 armigers, then at 750pts...I guess I have to purchase a second SHA, and due to only have 2 armigers in that detachment, I'd end up with zero CP to start with. 3 for the first SHA, but +3 CP for having my warlord in it...and then another 3 CP for the second SHA...

Does that sound right?

The other option is to have each armiger its own unit from the start and simply go SH detachment to fill out all three slots. Hmmm, not ideal, but workable.

• Thanks 1

Seems like at 750 points with 2 Armigers + 3 Armigers (if the latter unit has the Warlord) you would have 3 CP to start.

6 CP to start for 750 games, -3 for each SHA detachment bring you to zero.  And +3 on the Command Benefit on the detachment with 3 Armigers (and Warlord) for Knight Lances.

Don't forget: you would need to pay an RP per character and warlord trait since Knight Lances doesn't give those for free in Crusade.

• Like 1