Wyrd powers and game balance.

izak.lazarowski

This investigation goes out to any avid player but especially arbitrators in the group. Do Wyrd powers feel extremely constrained to you? Especially when you look at the flexibility of the rest of the game. I was working on a starting list for a delaque gang and I wanted to make it prominently psychers. I was feeling really good about it until I ran it past some people who pointed out that every synergy I had found/was excited about was in fact illegal. I didn't know about the FAQ that said delaque can't take powers from the outcast book without taking one of the (arguably crap) whispers first. I just seems like psykers come with so many strings, are they ever more than a joke include? I love the idea of a chorus, but needing to lump three dudes in order to maybe execute a power that is lukewarm, only to get three for oned by a blast template or blow yourself up with a parels. I'm fine with high risk high reward but everywhere I turn it seems like high risk extremely low reward. Any luck with your wyrds or arbitration of some better house rules? Or am I crazy and are Wyrd powers  game breaking boogie men that need all the sandbags they can get?

PXL_20221024_182254581~2.jpg

• Like 1