OFFICIAL OFCC TEAM EVENT RULINGS

Per Rain Dog's request here are a few rulings that have either been addressed in other threads or given by Rain Dog person. This list will be updated as more rulings come along in threads or are sent to me by TOs.

OFFICIAL OFCC TEAM EVENT RULINGS

PREDITORY FIGHTER:
Models giving supporting attacks from the second rank or third if in horde spear etc. may benefit from the extra attack from the predatory fighter special rule.

WOOD ELF MAGIC ARROWS
Multiples of the same kind of magic arrows Are allowed to be taken by more than one unit.

RANDOM MOVEMENT AND VIRTUAL PIVOT
The pivot for random movers is to be considered virtual and does not need to maintain the one inch rule during the pivot.

WHERE DO I FIND DOGS OF WAR OR NORSE RULES?

Link

Since virtual pivots can only be done by random movement in this case and random movement isn't technically a charge (thus why you don't get reactions) I would say yes.  Keep in mind he's only referring to random movement for virtual pivots as far as I can read.

I fully understand that it's random movement models.  I just want to make sure so I don't park a unit next to a steam tank only to see it virtually pivot into combat.  I agree that you should be able to make a virtual pivot into combat with random movement models because it's extremely easy to deny those kinds of models lots of movement options by placing a model 1" away from them.

I think, what is being said here, is that the pivot is "virtual" and not subjected to the normal 1"  limit. After said pivot, dice are rolled. if the number rolled reaches a unit then the charge is made.

What this results in basically is that a near by unit cannot stop a charge by blocking the pivot of the random mover.

1) The Tomb Kings rule "My Will Be Done" allows a unit containing a Tomb Prince or Tomb King to use that models UNMODIFIED weapon skill instead of their own. Does this then mean that the unit is unaffected by spells or effects that modify weaponskill (since these would alter the unit's weaponskill, which they ignore in favour of the unmodified weaponskill of the TK/TP)?

2) Lore of Light: the spell Net of Amyntok requires a unit that "casts spells" to pass a strength test or be "unable to perform that action." If a unit contains one or more wizards, does this require that unit to pass one test PER spell (and thus take the damage for every fail), or test one time per PHASE (and only take the damage once).

3) Must the dwarf flame cannon place it's flame template directly along the trajectory of fire, or does it scatter the "cannonball" marker then place the template facing away from that marker on any angle it wishes (don't have the exact rules on me, but it potentially reads ambiguously).

4) Does the Dark Elf Cauldron of Blood affect ONLY close combat rolls to wound (arguably it allows ALL models with the Murderous Prowess rule to reroll ALL failed rolls to wound, including crossbows or chariot impact hits). 

That's not actually what the rule says.  Murderous Prowess states, "models with this special rule (but not their mounts) re-roll all To Wound rolls of a 1 when making close combat attacks."  This specifies that mounts do get the rule, but cannot benefit from it directly.  The only thing that Strength of Khaine requires is that the model has Murderous Prowess which the Cauldron, Bloodshrine, Cold One Chariot, and Scourgerunner all do.

Agree with MN and not Kremmet.  Mounts don't get it whether they use it or not.

As Kremmet pointed out, this is the common-sense interpretation but NOT the RAW interpretation. RAW is that the whole model has Murderous Prowess, but that only the rider actually benefits. Strength of Khaine applies to any model with Murderous Prowess...meaning that it technically bypasses that restriction.

Now the common-sense interpretation is to read into this rule "rerolls all to-wound rolls instead of only rolls of a 1." This would carry over the restrictions on MP, meaning that it wouldn't apply to mounts (including chariots), crossbows, impact hits, spells, or anything else. But that's not how the rule is actually worded. The way it's actually worded is that Strength of Khaine does not replace MP, but is a supplemental rule given to any model with the rule. That means that mounts get it, even though they don't benefit from MP normally. It also means that crossbows get it, since Strength of Khaine is not limited to CC attacks. If you really want to push your luck, it applies on damage spells as well.

Now I'd also argue that pressing this issue in a friendly game makes you a bit of an [big bad swear word], but that doesn't diminish the fact that I fully believe this position to be 100% supported by the text of the rule. That leaves room for disagreement, which is what official rulings are there to prevent.

Actually, you get the re-rolls from spells and shooting.  The model has MP and so gets to re-roll failed to wound rolls.  SInce the mounts can't benefit from MP they won't benefit from MP from the cauldron.  I run a Cauldron of Blood in a unit of 9 Cold One Knights which are flanked by 2 chariots.  I have never even tried that shenanigan about using MP for the impact hits.  Again, since mounts can't benefit from the normal MP rule they wouldn't benefit from the "beefed" up version.

Strength of Khaine: Friendly models with the Murderous Prowess special rule in the units within 6" of the Cauldron of Blood re-roll failed To Wound rolls.

Murderous Prowess: Models with this special rule (but not their mounts) re-roll all To Wound rolls of a 1 when making close combat attacks.

That right there is the only thing restricting MP from applying to mounts. If you look at the entry on special rules for (as an example) cold one knights:

Special Rules:

- Always Strikes First (Riders only)

- Fear

- Hatred (High Elves)(Riders only)

- Murderous Prowess

- Stupidity

- Thick-skinned

The whole model has MP, therefore if it's within 6" of the cauldron the whole model gets SoK. Now the mount doesn't get the BENEFIT of MP, but it still has the rule...which means it still gets SoK, by RAW.

• Like 1

King, I know the rule. I've been playin the new dark elves since the release. I know it's RAW, but I don't think that was the intent of the rule.

Oh of course not - that's exactly my point. No matter how the rule was intended to work this is 100% unarguably the way it is written to work. So if we're having a thread about official rulings this ought to be one of those covered.

Oh of course not - that's exactly my point. No matter how the rule was intended to work this is 100% unarguably the way it is written to work. So if we're having a thread about official rulings this ought to be one of those covered.

Yeah, makes sense. I didn't think anyone was running it that way is all. I haven't come across that yet.