New to the Community

Redhand

Hey folks I'm new to the community and feeling out the local Necromunda community!

I haven't been by the clubhouse yet but I've heard good things, hoping to make it out there soon.

The Discord link on this site isn't working for me, can anyone generate me a invite link directly from the server? 
My user link is Warren#1942

I've got some terrain made up for a Necromunda minimunda game at home, check it out:

^^ I made this to be portable and modular, its got some magnetization but I'm still working out some kins there

Still working on my first gang -- pretty keen on narrative play

Anyway I'm in the SE Portland area and just looking to meet some local nerds, holler!

• Like 9

@Raindog and @dalmerare just trying to be nice in order not to scare the new guy. The truth is that’s horrible, terrible, no good, very bad terrain. You bring dishonor on your name, dishonor on your family, dishonor on your cow…

Don’t worry, though. I can help. Just box everything up, leave it out on your porch, I’ll come by late tonight – discreetly – and make sure no one else ever has to see your shame.

• Haha 3

Thanks ya'll glad you like it -- I have the usual plastic stack backlog 😁 so theres much more to come down the line (this was just the starting go!). I think I'll try to bring it in for a show and tell on one of the necromunda hobby nights to meet some folks and share some hobby love.

Is there a campaign going right now? When are folks generally turning up for Necromunda? 

I really fancy doing a narrative campaign but -- baby steps lol -- I've got the plastic though

Are folks digging into Ash Wastes yet? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 11:16 AM, Redhand said:

Thanks ya'll glad you like it -- I have the usual plastic stack backlog 😁 so theres much more to come down the line (this was just the starting go!). I think I'll try to bring it in for a show and tell on one of the necromunda hobby nights to meet some folks and share some hobby love.

Is there a campaign going right now? When are folks generally turning up for Necromunda? 

I really fancy doing a narrative campaign but -- baby steps lol -- I've got the plastic though

Are folks digging into Ash Wastes yet? 

Not sure whether you've gotten linked in to the discord yet - just sent you a friend request so that I can send you an invite?  (not 100% clear on how discord works sometimes)

Anyways.  We don't currently have much of a regular group, but I've got a handful of folks that are interested.  I'm typically able to do Tuesdays or Thursdays at the clubhouse (typically one or the other,)  I've done a couple demo games recently, and am hoping to schedule some learn to play events later this month at the club and/or some FLGSs.

I haven't acutally played any ashwastes yet, but I've got a giant pile of vehicles and most anything needed, and would love to grind through a couple games with someone and try and get up to speed.

• Like 1

@Redhand I'm also new to the community (Necromunda side at the very least) but am very interested in joining a campaign, or running some skirmishes whenever available! I'd love to see more about how you kept the terrain modular (it looks great!) - I picked up a couple zone mortalis kits & am struggling to keep everything stable without just giving in and gluing it..

On 1/2/2023 at 12:25 PM, ninefinger said:

I haven't acutally played any ashwastes yet, but I've got a giant pile of vehicles and most anything needed, and would love to grind through a couple games with someone and try and get up to speed.

@ninefinger I actually just picked up the ash waste starter (and some neoteks to give my Van Saar some vehicular options) - I'm down to run some games and get a bit more familiar with the rules! Are you free for a skirmish tomorrow (Thursday) or next week?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 12/11/2022 at 4:25 PM, Redhand said:

Hey folks I'm new to the community and feeling out the local Necromunda community!

I haven't been by the clubhouse yet but I've heard good things, hoping to make it out there soon.

The Discord link on this site isn't working for me, can anyone generate me a invite link directly from the server? 
My user link is Warren#1942

I've got some terrain made up for a Necromunda minimunda game at home, check it out:

^^ I made this to be portable and modular, its got some magnetization but I'm still working out some kins there

Still working on my first gang -- pretty keen on narrative play

Anyway I'm in the SE Portland area and just looking to meet some local nerds, holler!

Yo! Just saw this. I'm coming back to the game and could use some practice games and/or new gaming friends as we get ready for the campaign. Hit me up if you have time for practice games