Basic Handgun and/or Rifle Course

dalmer

Hello there,

Basic handgun course.  Familiarization with the weapon system, making it safe, loading/unloading, and basic shooting concepts/principles.  ** If you went through it, more training never hurts **

Basic rifle course.  Same as above, but with AR-15 weapon systems.  If you have a different weapon system, you can bring it but no guarantees that I can work it like an AR.  (One trick pony claims will be happily accepted... but I'm really, really, really good at that one trick)

I'm thinking of the following dates:

FRIDAY, JULY 25th - evening

SATURDAY, JULY 26th - noonish

** Please do me a favor and reply on these boards as to interest levels and to what date so I can secure a training location and equipment **

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Hello there,

And as always, dates are somewhat flexible... if the majority of folks can make it on other days, lemme know and I can check the schedule.

Raak gets top billing though as he is the requestor, so he gets the honor of making sure the scheduled dates work for him and his +1.

I have differing days off so can do these courses on non-weekend dates if need be.  Just toss out dates and I'll reply.  Would rather be able to teach to a larger group so we can progress to level 2 and such.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Hello there,

Bumping this up in the forums to confirm interest. 

Looking at FRIDAY, JULY 25th in the evening for the handgun course and SATURDAY, JULY 26th in the daytime for the rifle course; that way it's useable chunks o' information and no one gets swamped.

I hope that more folks are interested but will run with what we have.  I can supply the equipment for the handgun class no problem.  For the rifle class I can supply the equipment as well unless folks wanna bring their own long guns for familiarity.

Questions, comments and concerns are appreciated and welcomed... I wanna do this for the community so hopefully we can get some @$$es in the seats!

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Consider us in -  both my wife and myself!

Anyone else? Intrizic? Fix? JMGraham? Android? Hobitron, anyone in? This is a great opportunity. Just FYI a 2 day course like this run by private contractors  usually starts at $450 and goes up from there. Not blowing smoke up anyone's a$$ nor trying to convince anyone to do something they don't want/need to do but I wanted to make clear what a great opportunity this is.

Anyone else? Intrizic? Fix? JMGraham? Android? Hobitron, anyone in? This is a great opportunity. Just FYI a 2 day course like this run by private contractors  usually starts at $450 and goes up from there. Not blowing smoke up anyone's a$$ nor trying to convince anyone to do something they don't want/need to do but I wanted to make clear what a great opportunity this is.

Also, please let us know if there is anything we can do to chip in to defray the cost of putting on such a course.

• Like 1

Last round was fantastic. Fantastic enough that I'd do it again!

• Like 1

I'd do it again, let me confirm with the boss.  Plus, it would be nice to get me hands on a rifle again.  Fully admitting failure on this next point: I would REALLY like to follow this class up with a trip to the range, like really really really.  I think getting rounds down range is a crucial next step.

• Like 1

Hello there,

FRIDAY, JULY 25th - BASIC HANDGUN OPERATOR COURSE

Course will start at 6pm, giving folks time to get there after work and also giving some time afterwards for folks to do something.  Will be a TWO to THREE HOUR course, depending upon number of participants and such.  Kids are welcome, +1s are welcome so no worries.

You need to bring nothing but a positive attitude, I'll supply the gear.  No need to bring your own handgun.

SATURDAY, JULY 26th - BASIC AR OPERATOR COURSE

Course will start at noon, giving folks time to wake up and also giving some time afterwards for folks to do something.  Will be a TWO to THREE HOUR course, depending upon number of participants and such.  Kids are welcome, +1s are welcome so no worries.

You need to bring nothing but a positive attitude, I'll supply the gear.  But if you have your own AR-style weapon system, feel free to bring it but KEEP IT IN SOME KIND OF CASE AS I DO NOT WANT YOU SHOWING UP TO A POLICE DEPARTMENT WITH AN EXPOSED WEAPON SYSTEM (open carry view or not, deal with it)

More information to post, wanted to get the dates confirmed.

Stay safe,

don

• Like 1

Hello there,

The location will be the Bellingham Police Department, 505 Grand Avenue, Bellingham, WA  98225

We will use the TRAINING ROOM which is located on the C Street side of the complex.  Basically, park your vehicle or show up on foot/bicycle/sled dog/dragon on C Street.  The man gate will be open and a sign reading "Police Training" will be nearby.

Go through this man gate, take a hard right and the training room's double glass doors are in front of you.

For logistical purposes, please do me a favor and COMMENT BELOW IF YOU ARE COMMITTING TO GO AND TO WHICH DATE (OR BOTH).  Even if you've already committed above, please do so again after this post so I can get gear squared away.

Thanks and stay safe,

don

I'm in on 7/25 for the handgun class (with a +1 in the form of my 10 year-old daughter - she's thrilled that she can make this one!).

I'm in on 7/25 for the rifle class on my own (and will not be bringing my own AR system - I'll need to borrow one).

Thanks again for doing this!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.