OFCC 2023 Hotel Information

This year's event will be at the Holiday Inn-Airport in Portland.

The venue address and number is: 8439 NE Columbia Ct, Portland, OR 97220•(503) 256-5000

Room Booking direct Link: 

Or use this booking code:

• ORD

• 2 months later...
12 minutes ago, TheBeninator said:

Has anyone put together a list of amenities in this area? This looks like a food desert which might make 1 hour lunches really difficult for players.

I’ve stayed in that hotel. Nothing fancy, nothing terrible, pretty typical Holiday Inn experience.

The Cascade Station strip mall is about 5-ish minutes away by car but there’s no good public transport from hotel to shopping center. It’s got a Panda Express, an IHOP, Jersey Mike’s, and a couple other fast-casual places. There’s also an IKEA if you’re craving meatballs and flat-packed plywood furniture.

You’ll want to car-pool with friends or have some GrubPostHubDash delivery.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ish said:

I’ve stayed in that hotel. Nothing fancy, nothing terrible, pretty typical Holiday Inn experience.

The Cascade Station strip mall is about 5-ish minutes away by car but there’s no good public transport from hotel to shopping center. It’s got a Panda Express, an IHOP, Jersey Mike’s, and a couple other fast-casual places. There’s also an IKEA if you’re craving meatballs and flat-packed plywood furniture.

You’ll want to car-pool with friends or have some GrubPostHubDash delivery.

Plywood? You give IKEA too much credit. 

Food delivery seems like the only option for people who are flying in and dont want to rent a car just to get lunch. I have only tried these services a couple of times, are they typically pretty fast? One hour goes by really fast in the best of circumstances.

As someone who had a job for several years where I could not leave the property, even on lunch break, and also had to work weird hours… I’ve used Postmates, et. al., a whole lot. Like, a lot a lot. Too much probably. Like… I’ve been recognized by more than one Postmates driver when out and about in public. 

Delivery time can be pretty variable, especially in the wee hours of the night (10:00 PM to 7:00 AM) or if the weather is especially bad. But under normal conditions, you can usually expect most meals to be delivered to you in about a half-hour to forty-five minutes. About on par with traditional pizza delivery, really.

Most hotels are pretty used to Postmates, et. al., bringing deliveries to guests these days, as it’s probably become even more common than the traditional pizza delivery guy. Not sure how they’d handle deliveries to people in a conference room… But it shouldn’t be that outrageous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They gave me a list of places within 1 mile of the venue (decent list). But yes, food will be a challenge. We'll be planning for that accordingly. That said, delivery works, also looking at some group orders, maybe a food truck (but this might be prohibitive and not effective for 200 people at once).

They do have a restaurant too on site.

But yes, plan accordingly.

• Like 2

On 3/25/2023 at 1:04 PM, TheBeninator said:

Is there a deal with parking validation, or should I be letting players know they will need to pay for their own parking if they are not staying at the hotel. Do we know the daily rates?

Overnight parking is $10 per day. They can provide a 1 time pass to leave and come back on the same rate (hence lunch). Else, hourly rates can apply. Ideally the $10 with pass is going to apply to most. It's a gated parking lot with frequent security patrols.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...