Playing around with ChatGPT for painting instructions

Justjokin

So I signed up for early access to the new Bing search with research assistant. I pointed it at a youtube video that I wanted a summary of... this was the result:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkLstlqoGzM&t=5s

Now the real interesting thing is steps 6 and 7 are completely made up and don't exist in the video. He also talks about step 1 after he talks about step 2 in the video, but the bot got the order correct! There's other stuff that's off, but they guy actually runs through 2 different models, with slightly different steps.  All in all, I'd say it's getting scary and cool at the same time! 

image.thumb.png.ce2802dd01c653fcb8627eab22b0e856.png

• Like 2

Another interaction I had:

Create a set of painting instructions using citadel contrast paints to paint team yankee soviet infantry
Sent message. Create a set of painting instructions using citadel contrast paints to paint team yankee soviet infantry

Searching for: citadel contrast paints

Searching for: team yankee soviet infantry

Generating answers for you…

Sure, I can help you with that. Citadel Contrast Paints are paints designed specifically for new painters or people who want to get their tabletop models and miniatures painted quickly1. They are applied over a light-colored primer (Wraithbone or Greyseer) and create a shaded and highlighted effect in one coat2.

Team Yankee is a game based on a novel by Harold Coyle that depicts a fictional World War III scenario in 1985 between NATO and Soviet forces3. Team Yankee is composed of First Platoon (Lieutenant Murray Weiss), Second Platoon (Second Lieutenant McAllister), Mech (anized Infantry) Platoon (Staff Sergeant Polgar), and Third Platoon (Second Lieutenant Gerry Garger)4.

To paint Team Yankee Soviet infantry using Citadel Contrast Paints, you will need the following colors:

• Militarum Green for uniforms
  • Basilicanum Grey for helmets, boots, belts and pouches
  • Black Templar for weapons
  • Blood Angels Red for shoulder boards and flags
  • Skeleton Horde for skin
  • Apothecary White for snow effects

Here are some steps to follow:

1. Prime your models with Wraithbone spray primer. Make sure to cover them evenly and let them dry completely.
  2. Apply Militarum Green over the uniforms using a medium brush. Try to avoid pooling too much paint in the recesses.
  3. Apply Basilicanum Grey over the helmets, boots, belts and pouches using a small brush. Be careful not to overlap with the green areas.
  4. Apply Black Templar over the weapons using a small brush. You can also use this color to paint any metal parts such as buckles or buttons.
  5. Apply Blood Angels Red over the shoulder boards and flags using a small brush. This will add some contrast and identification to your models.
  6. Apply Skeleton Horde over the skin areas using a small brush. You can also use this color to paint any hair or facial hair on your models.
  7. Apply Apothecary White over any areas where you want to create snow effects using a small brush. You can also drybrush this color lightly over the bases to simulate snow-covered ground.

That’s it! You have painted your Team Yankee Soviet infantry using Citadel Contrast Paints.

Do you have any questions?😊

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Justjokin said:

What's weird is that the steps were appropriate and maybe were combined from another source? image.thumb.png.47a9bab4db39e2c233fa27402ca5dd4d.png

Not really a surprise since it's "DMZ'd" from the internet and last upload was 2021 data...

It's said you can ask it questions about yourself and it'll start making things up the more details you ask for

• 3 weeks later...