Is hordes dead

This forums is mostly Warhammer oriented so not too surprised warmachine/Hordes would be dead on this forum but warmachine/Hordes is alive and well in Portland and salem/Albany area. Www.cogcollective.com is the website/forum most used for warmachine/Hordes in the Portland area, they have probably 30-40 players in their meta, maybe more.

That cogcollective site is pretty dead too, in terms of online traffic. As I understand it, most of that community has an app for non-windows phones which allows them to chat up warmahordes topics instead of posting in their forum. I think the app is called "war room." I have a windows phone...

In addition, warmahordes has a very impressive FAQ system via the privateer website, so rules debates and questions, which make up most of the 40k forum, aren't as common.

As for the game, it isn't dead at all. There is a warmahordes "circuit" for players in the area. All very unofficial, but many of the local hobby shops seem to have arranged their warmahordes game nights so large groups of players can play every other day, somewhere. I know at GG we a regular group of at least 10 (players, more spectators) on mondays. There are also often players at GG on Sunday or Saturday, though those are lower in number.

Anyway, I did see on the Privateer site that they are releasing a new hordes expansion book soon.

New Hordes book is out in October.

The app we use to communicate is called "groupme". Pretty much a chat room that uses text (sms) like stuff. Pretty good tool to use for a big community. The cog site might be dead but people still use it often to schedule events and post hobby stuff.

So to answer your question, WM/H is still going strong in the Portland metro area. I wouldn't say the cog forum is "dead", but certainly there is less traffic now that we use groupme. If you would like an invite to the groupme chat, just download the app (free) and someone can send you an invite link.

If you're more old school, main play nights for Guardian Games are Monday nights from as early as 4PM-close. Red Castle Games are Saturdays anytime during the day (though I think more games have been happening there lately between 12-6PM).

I don't know about any of the other game stores, but I think they may have more local groups that play as well. We have a low cross over between the greater Ordo community for some reason, so if you're looking to play at the Ordo game night you'd probably have to make arrangements in that thread.

• Like 1

I would assume that most people post on the PP main boards or the Muse on Minis forums or other larger and more active Warmachine/hordes sites.

I am personally under the impression that Warmachine/hordes is on a huge upswing and the other systems are all dying off and or struggling to stay alive. Since switching to Warmachine 5yrs ago I have never looked back.

I would assume that most people post on the PP main boards or the Muse on Minis forums or other larger and more active Warmachine/hordes sites.

I am personally under the impression that Warmachine/hordes is on a huge upswing and the other systems are all dying off and or struggling to stay alive. Since switching to Warmachine 5yrs ago I have never looked back.

In general, I think the number of people playing tabletop games is going up. I don't think it's just a population increase, I think the percentage of gamers is growing.