Any black powder players in Portland?

Atules

I have two armies. American and British. Off the top of my head I can't remember how many but it should be enough to start a game. All infantry and a mix of light inf, grenadiers, line infantry, and a few militia. I've never played black powder but I do have a lot of stuff. Talking about commitment.

I have two armies. American and British. Off the top of my head I can't remember how many but it should be enough to start a game. All infantry and a mix of light inf, grenadiers, line infantry, and a few militia. I've never played black powder but I do have a lot of stuff. Talking about commitment.

That being the case, I'll hold off spending money I don't have on figures I don't need... yet...

• 2 weeks later...

Just got into portland and here is what i have:

Americans

39 stands of regular inf

15 stands of light inf

15 stands of militia

British

50 stands of regular inf

10 stands of light inf

15 stands of grenadiers

Hopefully that is enough

Depends on how big you want your units to be. What size stands do you use?

Recommended frontage for a standard Black Powder unit in 15mm is 120mm to 160mm; a FoW small base is 32mm x 25mm. Assuming you have the figures facing the long end of the base, you could use five bases per unit for a frontage of 160mm... Very neat. So that would be:

Americans

8 units regular inf

3 units of light

3 units of militia

British

10 units of regulars

2 units of light

3 units of grenadiers

Should be plenty for a starting game...

Awesome! Yeah, i have them facing the long end. Want to get together and try this out? I have no idea where the best place to play is. Got any suggestions?

Guardian Games (345 SE Taylor, on MLK) is far and away the biggest game store in town. (They also have a bar in the back.) The other place I usually hit is Red Castle Games (6406 SE Foster), which is more convenient if you're in southeast Portland. If you can make it, I can do Thursday night starting at 6 or Saturday anytime at Guardian.