Bolt Action Armor battles

• 1 month later...

post-2054-0-36762700-1411266302_thumb.jpgRecently got the "Tank War" book and this seems like its a very nice addition to the game,even though ive yet to actually play the game,lol.

But basically its adding Tank platoons which consist of a compulsory of 1 command vehicle of any type of AV and 2 other vehicles of any AV.

From there you can add 0-2 additional AV`s along with 0-3 inf squads with the rest looking very much like building a normal reinforced platoon.

One thing to keep in mind though is that any non AFV unit you take must have its own transportation vehicle so yeah,the points will add up fast im sure.

Theres some additional rules for leveling tank crews along with rules for command vehicles.

I just picked up my second Sherman and may do a third then get a couple of Stuarts...but really I will probably be looking to just play some 500-750 point learning games with infantry and maybe a vehicle or two to start with.

And I just finished painting my first squad!

We ran a little event in our neck of the woods last weekend (Richland, WA) with these rules allowed.  Seemed to work pretty well even if you did not take tanks but were prepared for it.  One player ran Soviets with a crap ton of bomb dogs and one ran Japanese with tank grenades.  The rest mostly tanks.

Gordainus,

of particular note.  I loaned out my British Airlanding army to one fellow which contained 4 Tetrarch tanks.  The rest of the army rode in on a glider.  Paid for a Bedford and counted it as a glider and just had it kept in reserve.  Worked very well.

In all, I'd say the new tank rules are fun.  Game changing?  No.  More along the line as Planetfall?  Yes.

David

• Like 1

I picked up the book. Seems pretty interesting. One of the things that i liked about BA was that it was relatively cheap to get into. There are always cheap WWII minis. Unfortunately, to up armor my regular force to play Tank War, I have to buy 2 more tanks minimum and enough half tracks for my infantry, as every unit must have transport.

Still, it seems pretty cool, if a bit unrealistic having that many tanks in that small of an area scale-wise.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...