Daemonic OFCC list

It was suggested that I post my OFCC list here to get you fine denizens to weigh in on it, judge it, then summarily execute it. This is one of my first attempts at a 7th ed list, and I haven't played much since 5th, so this is more of a stab in the dark than anything else.

Daemons Primary

Daemons Lord of Change, lvl 3, greater reward, lesser reward

Daemon Prince, tzeentch, lvl 1, flight, armor, lesser reward

2x Herald of Tzeentch

* lvl 2, disc

* lvl 2

Herald of Khorne, lesser reward

16 Pink Horrors

18 Bloodletters

5 seekers

Soul Grinder, tzeentch, baleful torrent

CSM Allies:

Daemon Prince, khorne, flight, armor

10 Cultists, shotgun, heavy stubber, autoguns

10 Cultists, cc, & flamer

Forgefiend

Helldrake

Total: 1997

There would be a bit of summoning, but I don't own enough units to spam anything. I might try to fit a Skull Cannon of Khorne in there as well. Probably by dropping a goup of cultists & a Herald. I'm not sure though.

How does this rate?

~Muninn

Where does the Disc Herald hang out? I don't see a good Unit for him.

Looks alright to me. 3 FMCs plus a Helldrake is kind of pushing it, but the rest is pretty tame.

The disc herald is left over from the first draft, where he was going to hang out with a group of flamers. In this iteration I'd probably join him into a unit of summoned screamers. He's where some of the points for the cannon might come from.

3! Obviously you're a dirty daemon summoner who is trying to ruin the game for all his opponents. ;-)

I play Daemons these days, and I have no idea what this list is going to do on the tabletop. Its got lots of units and diversified threats. If a daemon player can't figure out what you're going to do, I can't imagine how a player who isn't familiar with daemons would. You'll get a lot of "That unit does WHAT?" 

Personally I'd drop a few things and add another greater reward to the Lord of Change, and upgrade to a Greater Reward on the Tzeentch Prince. That would give you the +2 Strength staff, right? I play Slaanesh mostly but I wish I had that wargear for bopping little marines on the head with Instant Death. A Juggernaut on that Herald of Khorne to go with that Axe would be super sweet, too.

I've had good luck with the psychic phase with 8-10 dice, more and I end up getting perils a lot when I throw too many dice at things. If you're summoning, well I don't do that a lot so I can't offer any advice there. 

At the current build, I wouldn't rate this above a 2. 

Magnus

• Like 2

I don't expect to earn many points in generalship, I'm realy more of a painter. Many of these units are chosen because they are complete & painted rather than their tactical value. I have yet to play a single round of 7th, & this would be my first tourney. That being said, I do hope to get in some fun games.

Does this tweak work in the list's favor? I drop the Disc Herald & a unit of CC Cultists in exchange for the Skull Cannon, & an extra psyker level for the prince, that way I only lose a single point from my die pool.

Daemons Primary

Daemons Lord of Change, lvl 3, greater reward, lesser reward

Daemon Prince, tzeentch, lvl 2, flight, armor, lesser reward

Herald of Tzeentch, lvl 2

Herald of Khorne, lesser reward

16 Pink Horrors

18 Bloodletters

5 seekers

Skull Cannon of Khorne

Soul Grinder, tzeentch, baleful torrent

CSM Allies:

Daemon Prince, khorne, flight, armor