Ideal Display/Transport Board Size?

I apologize if this has already been posted elsewhere, I'll admit I didn't do a great search.

Is there an ideal size for a display/transport board for the event/venue setup?  The last time I went there was space on tables between boards which seemed better suited to some sizes than others; smaller obviously being easier to work with, but sometimes looking bunched and cluttered.

Since I'm planning on making a display board, I figured I should ask up front rather than trying to change plans midway thru assembly/painting.  It's really nice not having to spend time packing/unpacking every single model between rounds...

Thanks for any help or info.

My usual one is about 18"x22". Occasionally a little obnoxious to find space for, but usually OK.

There are a couple of OFCC regulars who build display boards with little legs on them, so they can go down on a playing surface without having to move Terrain out of the way, which is pretty awesome.