Ey! Boyz! We needz more wagons!

Xavier319

Man I miss you guys. Ohio is nice, but there is ZERO 40k here. ;_;  I'm finally settled into my new place (much nicer) and working on my PhD, but I'm sadly out of the loop for 40k. I just wanted you guys (those that care) to know that I'll be around more on the board and posting lists. I wanna try and get some of the guys at the game store in this area to play some 40k, maybe I can start something, who knows?

As for my ideas, I was considering what the best way to represent looted tanks would be in the new Ork Codex. I have always wanted to do an Armored Krumpany, and have it actually be effective and fun. For those of you in the Orky know, that's an Orky armored Company. Nothing but a bunch of battle tanks of all stripes and shapes, as well as maybe some mechanized infantry. Any thoughts, ideas?

• Like 2

Man I miss you guys. Ohio is nice, but there is ZERO 40k here. ;_;  I'm finally settled into my new place (much nicer) and working on my PhD, but I'm sadly out of the loop for 40k. I just wanted you guys (those that care) to know that I'll be around more on the board and posting lists. I wanna try and get some of the guys at the game store in this area to play some 40k, maybe I can start something, who knows?

As for my ideas, I was considering what the best way to represent looted tanks would be in the new Ork Codex. I have always wanted to do an Armored Krumpany, and have it actually be effective and fun. For those of you in the Orky know, that's an Orky armored Company. Nothing but a bunch of battle tanks of all stripes and shapes, as well as maybe some mechanized infantry. Any thoughts, ideas?

So that's where you went....just sort of figured we weren't seeing you for unrelated reasons. Sad to lose you. Perhaps you'll come back.

As for converting local players, I've sure been bad at it in the past, but providing they have stable income, 40k isn't the hardest sell. Main thing is that you need to impress both that it's fun and that they'll get regular games if they choose to "invest" in 40k - Cost of 40k seems much higher if only playing monthly or less often.

Okay, so onto the artsy ideas for the orksy army. I think background fluff is important, regarding their most common enemy, as the armored company is likely converted from scraps of their enemy. If AM/IG are most common, the battle tanks are a good route.

I do think you could have some fun with orks that crash on a sisters' planet, so their armored company would be orky Exorcists and Repressors, with ork themed shrines and religious icons - orks mimicking sisters devotion to the emperor. Could be a lot of fun. Ork Peninent engines would be a pretty cool conversion/scap build too. If you got really putty-creative, a few orks in corsets would be hysterical...

Anyway, my two cents and then some.