Grey Knight Terminator Loadout

CaptainA

Any thoughts on the new GK Terminator Loadout?

I know everyone is bemoaning the halberd nerf, but with what is available is it all that bad?

For the cost of one hammer I can get 5 halberds, with hammerhand that comes out to 10-15 s7 ap3 attacks verses 2-3 s8(10 w/hh) ap1 attacks.

Any thoughts? Just seems to be a pretty cheap way to get a lot of higher strength attacks in my termies.

I get that people want the hammers for armor 2, but I have a lot of ap2 elsewhere. I'm also thinking about MC's and other big baddies, vehicles and what not where having that many more s7 attacks would be so much more valuable.

I've seen a lot of talk about taking falchions for the extra attack, but that squad wouldbe kinda worthless against a wraithknight. Halberds to me are seeming like a better all around choice with a hammer if i can squeeze the points in.

I am keeping my units like I had em in the last codex.

4 Halberds

1 Hammer

4 Stormbolters

1 Psycannon

Just does all the things I want it to do. Land Raider? Str 10 hammer. FMC? Str 7 Halberds. Swarm of tarpit? Stormbolters and Psycannon. Flyers? Psycannon. To me, it just does all I want it to do. Couple that with 3 Dreadknights and 3 Rifleman Dreadnoughts, and you have all kinds of cool stuff.

Separate note: The powerfists on the Dreadknight are no longer Force weapons. I was a little shocked to see that I can no longer insta-gib a Wraithknight unless I pay for a Sword or Hammer and lose my bonus attack.

• Like 1

Separate note: The powerfists on the Dreadknight are no longer Force weapons. I was a little shocked to see that I can no longer insta-gib a Wraithknight unless I pay for a Sword or Hammer and lose my bonus attack.

I agree, sad.

GK did a boon against tank shock, with their hammer hand now lasting an entire game turn, instead of last edition's only in the assault phase. It meant that GK could only glance land raiders in a death or glory situation.