Escalation League is Coming

When: October 5th until The Rampage on Saturday, Decmeber 6th!

The Games Start at 4 PM!

Who: You (Bring a Friend)

Cost: Game Night Dues.

Prizes: Winner becomes an Ordo Warlord for 2015

How do I win?

Participants receive the following points.....

3 points for playing.

1 point for hanging out with us.

Bonus Points for achieving scenario goals.

3 points for bringing food.

1 for bringing a friend.

10 Points for playing for the first time.

3 Points for trying a new army.

1 Point for a good joke or story.

Bonus points for cool conversions.

Bonus Points for bad or terrible luck.

1 Point for a new and fully painted infantry and warbest model per week.

1 Point for painted movement tray per week.

2 Points for a new and fully painted cavalry and swarm model per week.

3 Points for a new and fully painted Monsterous Infantry or Cavalry model per week.

5 Points for a new and fully painted war machine, chariot, or monster model per week.

As you can see, we want a fun, low key environment. We want to have snacks and drinks and meet new people. It is an excuse to paint new models and try new scenarios.

I hope to see you. You don't have to play all the night to partipate. Come once and check us out.

• Like 1

Eric hasn't read the rules yet (We talked last night.) and no one has spoiled what is in the End Times book. So my guess is until he knows what the rules are he may not allow it. (There hasn't been much news on the rules and Army List on the internet.)

I myself may be bringing my Dark Elves since I shelved them last winter for an OFCC team mate no longer playing. :sad: So they need to spill some blood for Kaine. Also there is a rumor of the End Times Chaos having a Sline..... the pleasure demon, themed list for Dark Elves and I might try it.

Well it is an official GW product. It contains an Undead list which basically has all of the units from TK and VC combined into one. The SC's though are reduced to reflect the story line and some have been changed from what they were.

The big change is that the army doesn't crumble at the death of the general/heiro. For TK, it gets even better as they can march now I believe.

I would hope that the book is allowed.

I haven't read the rules, so I don't have a clue what is in the book.

I just want to know if I'll have units which are able to march and if I will need to worry about crumble tests. Here's my suggestion(s):

Don't allow the 50% lord/hero options and allow the lore of undeath for everyone as well as the list options for tk/vc players.

This is really tempting. I haven't been playing in quite a while, and the new Nagash book has me all pumped up with fantasy. The hard part as always is which army to bring.

RD, when are you next at WoW? Sunday? I can bring my book if you want to look over the Undead rules.

He and others who would love to look at the rules will be there Sunday for game night.

I know there is two new Monstrous Infantries too. Would love to look at those.

I think the 50% Lord thing should only be used in certain scenarios and when you can wodk it out with your opponent. Escalation doesn't seem the right place for that.

Now the future Chaos book is the one that will need a looking over. Chaos already has strong books, not including Beastmen, and it would be easy to tip that balance scale with the wrong rule or point cost.

• Like 1

I also have the pdf, if anyone wants it. It was too big to include the fluff, so I cut it down to the Rules portion only to make it emailable. Mind you, these are iPad screen shots, NOT scans of the actual book, so where there are a lot of additional unique rules, the originator forgot in a few places to take the extra screenshots of those rules (eg. Nagash's Arch-Necromancer, Death Magic Incarnate, and Supreme Lord of the Undead rules are not explained. Likely, you can find them somewhere on the interwebs.) This will, however, give you a full view of the new rules regarding the combined army as well as the new scenarios that can be played, and all the rules included with those scenarios, and whether or not you think it is valid to play in escalation. The combined army does seem a little OP to me, though it fixes TK to a degree...

If the higher-ups allow, I can email the file to you guys.

Been waiting for this since last falls fun:)

Though I am a bit concerned about the earlier start time as I probably can only make that time every other week(starting with the first session) but I could do like 5:30 or so on the other Sundays would it be possible to set up a late start game on those weeks with the session thread for it?.If its too much of a hassle ill just plan on hitting the weeks I can make the regular start time.

Ill still be working my OnG`s as im set on building a Goblin force with only a few Orks here and there(or none)Plus I still have the Giant Spider thingy to build and paint and have been collecting some herder kits and have some ideas for a scratched up Pumpwagon.

From what ive seen of this End Times stuff it looks like it doesn't have anything to do with the "Green" armys but im sure it will mean more units out there that I cant hurt with my sticks and stones,lol.

Been waiting for this since last falls fun:)Though I am a bit concerned about the earlier start time as I probably can only make that time every other week(starting with the first session) but I could do like 5:30 or so on the other Sundays would it be possible to set up a late start game on those weeks with the session thread for it?.If its too much of a hassle ill just plan on hitting the weeks I can make the regular start time.Ill still be working my OnG`s as im set on building a Goblin force with only a few Orks here and there(or none)Plus I still have the Giant Spider thingy to build and paint and have been collecting some herder kits and have some ideas for a scratched up Pumpwagon.From what ive seen of this End Times stuff it looks like it doesn't have anything to do with the "Green" armys but im sure it will mean more units out there that I cant hurt with my sticks and stones,lol.

Show up when you can. If you get there at 5:30 there will be plenty of time for a game. (Many will play several games in a night.)

And bring those Green Skins, haven't seen them since spring.

Here's the proposed starting list:

Liche Priest w/Lore of Nehekhara

20 Archers

3 Chariots w/standard

6 Necropolis Knights w/standard

Casket of Souls

Catapult w/skulls upgrade

This is the proposed list without the use of End Times.  If End Times will be allowed then I will be changing out some units.  If the army can march I would gladly take a nice unit of TG with a Prince.

Escalation...huh? :happy: ..... :biggrin: Can I bring a warhound titan?

NOTE: Sorry, I've passed this thread like 4 times and wanted to make the joke.....Go GW, make a supplement that's got a title that describes the opposite of  what most players think of when they use the term...