Escalation League is Coming

I will be joining late to the party. I do want to put this idea out there however. What about starting at a higher point level and working to 2k? I know it kind of throws off the idea of someone being able to be fully painted the whole time (few people if any ever do anyway) and I find the very low level point games less enjoyable. Probably not for this year, but something I wanted to plant a seed for for next year.

• Like 1

Just to let you know, I pulled out 80% of my force yesterday, built a priming board, and got all those models primed yesterday. I need to build two characters, and still buy/acquire the last 20%. But all in all, really happy with the progress so far. It would be the largest painting project I've done in years. So help me out guys. I want to see this thing through till the end. Pics going up in the blog later today.

EDIT: blog updated...

p.s. any points for blogging? :)

• Like 1

I will be joining late to the party. I do want to put this idea out there however. What about starting at a higher point level and working to 2k? I know it kind of throws off the idea of someone being able to be fully painted the whole time (few people if any ever do anyway) and I find the very low level point games less enjoyable. Probably not for this year, but something I wanted to plant a seed for for next year.

That will be for the Spring League. 

I just want to know if I'll have units which are able to march and if I will need to worry about crumble tests. Here's my suggestion(s):

Don't allow the 50% lord/hero options and allow the lore of undeath for everyone as well as the list options for tk/vc players.

Those being the only two main rules change to the End Times rules additions...it seems to me that they really shouldn't cause much of a jump in the power creep meter in the lower point games we would be playing here.I mean just going over my OnG`s and trying to get what would seem to be a reliable amount of casting dice for summoning attempts while not gimping the "horde like" aspect of the army is near impossible even with the 50% additional L/H slots. Just trying to come up with some good use of the extra slot allowance in the form of useflull HQ units seems kinda pointless as well.Of course at 2500+ points as you mentioned in another post there are certainly some nasty combos to try.

I think it would be kinda cool to see us use the new rules and if it is chosen as an option I may indeed be starting a new army:)

Either way im looking forward to playin!

I looked at the book tonight. Essentially, it is a campaign book. I want to include the following for the league.

1. The new units of hovering monstrous infantry are good.

2. The no crumble is fine.

3. The ability to march is fine.

4. TK/ VC army mixes are fine.

This is a trial for the League and Rampage only.

• Like 1

I think you should make the lore of Undead, opponent permission only. This way, if people want to give it a spin, they can. I think it could be interesting to try out, but I wouldn't want to risk my opponent's fun to do so. But if they were fine with it, why not?

If your opponent wants to agree to it, I have no problem with you using it. 

I looked at the book tonight. Essentially, it is a campaign book. I want to include the following for the league.

1. The new units of hovering monstrous infantry are good.

2. The no crumble is fine.

3. The ability to march is fine.

4. TK/ VC army mixes are fine.

This is a trial for the League and Rampage only.

Grooveh!

If I can get all these bony things glued together in time then ill be running an Undead army!

If not ill be happy with the Green dudes and try the Undead during the Spring run:)

Ive been on a plastic crack binge since the Space Wolf release why stop now,lol

I would like to propose a scenario where all units are unbreakable and ITP.  The only way to get rid of them is to kill them off completely.  If it seems like this will put Undead and Daemon armies at a disadvantage, then perhaps steps can be taken to balance it.

Really I just want to play a match where everyone has to get into insane, slugfest combats.

• Like 1

How's this for a starting Ogre Army:

Slaughtermaster- lore of the great maw

Hunter- longstrider

6 Ogre Bulls- musician, standard bearer

3 Ironguts- musician, standard bearer

10 Gnoblars- trappers

10 Sabretusks

Gnoblar Scaplauncher

Slaughermaster stays as I don't have a huge irongut unit, leadbelchers, or maneaters.  I think a hunter leading a pack of sabretusks would be cool.

• Like 2

And any spell attempt automatically miscasts on the roll of a 4+.

Maybe a little much, but there definitely should be a penalty on magic.  Any doubles are a miscast but not irresistible works for me.

On a side note, I think I'm tired of playing with softer lists.  Before I get started on the forest spirit army, I think I'm going to use my nurgle guys and play daemons for the escalation league.  This will give me a break from painting, and more importantly, will give me a break from spending money.

• Like 2