Ork Burnas, to build or not to build?

busbina

I think its mostly delivery methods and cost. Flamers are useful but hard to get where you need them. That and they are in the same slot as tank hunters. I never use my flamers on my marines, running from objective to objective shooting at wave serpents and big bugs. I read throw them in a Gorkanaut with all the meks. But I'm only running 1 big mek on a bike for the shield, and no walkers. I've kinda talked my self out of them, unless someone can find a must have reason or synergy.

I'm not going to say they completely suck or anything, but you already hit the real nail in their coffin on the head (MIXED METAPHORS!):  they are in the same slot as tankbustas and meganobz.  Both of those units are, IMO, superlative.  Taking anything other than those is essentially an opportunity cost.  

• Like 1

Burnas are a pretty solid anti-infantry platform, but they need a delivery method (i.e. Battlewagon) that other units often need more, do a job that other units also do, and compete with some of the stronger units in the codex (as Fluger notes.) If you like them, they are by no means bad, but neither are they particularly required.

• Like 1