Having Issues For OFCC

So over month and a half ago I had someone I knew mention they commission paint on the side so I asked if he could paint some of my OFCC army for me. He said sure and that I would have it by early Sept.

I am just now getting only half of my models back and don't have my Demigriffs yet and may not get them till Friday and since the other models weren't completed I am seriously worried. Like I am kind of freaking out worried.

Oh yeah, he also dipped. :sad:

I have a feeling he hasn't started the Demi's and from the rush job he already did I just want them back now unpainted.

If this gets worse I am not sure what I am going to do. I will bring the models tonight and you can see my pain.

I seriously feel stupid and ashamed for not looking into this guy, even though I know him.

Well been working on the highlighting on the models and now they are starting to look ok but they are much darker than the rest of everything in my army. So I am beginning to wonder if I should give in and just dip my rank and files too, but this time use a better dip than GW's?

Been avoiding dip like mad but this is my secondary army.

It really depends on the dip you are using and the method. I've been using dip for quite a few of my armies and have pretty much liked how they turned out. I've used army painter's dip, which is very good, but expensive, and I've used minwax polyshade, which isn't a bad product and much cheaper.

Make sure you shake the dip thoroughly before using it, and then I use a drill to "shake" my minis after the dip. Large flat surfaces may require you to soak up the dip manually after the shake. 

Also, you really need to plan your colors for using the dip. I don't bother dipping dark colored models.

Man, that bites. I agree that you really need to plan your paints to dip. This won't help you now, but thinning the dip with mineral spirits, painting it on instead of actually dipping, and wiping dip off of raised surfaces with a paper towel as it started to dry all contribute to good-looking models. Just dipping in raw mini wax is a bad idea. My Necron army is all dipped, and you can actually get some cool effects out of it.

• Like 2