Knights and Scions-Opinions?

scottshoemaker

I'm also thinking Knights and Household troops (Scions) mainly because I want to keep my small guy painting to a minimum. To be honest I'll most likely build this as my slow grow force, but I'd prefer to do this once.  Paint the scions with the same heraldry as the Warlord, as they "belong" to him:

New Roster (1850pts) 1850pt Imperial Knights: Codex (2014), Imperial Knights: Codex (2014), Militarum Tempestus: Codex (2014) Roster (Imperial Knight Detachment, Formation Detachment, Allied Detachment) Imperial Knights: Codex (2014) (Imperial Knight Detachment) Selections: Knights (375pts)
  • Knight Paladin (375pts) Warlord

Fear, Hammer of Wrath, Invincible Behemoth, Move Through Cover, Relentless, Smash, Strikedown

Two heavy stubbers

Imperial Knights: Codex (2014) (Formation Detachment) Selections: Formation (1110pts)
  • Adamantine Lance (1110pts)

Lance, Shield and Sword

3x Knight Errant (1110pts) (Fear, Hammer of Wrath, Invincible Behemoth, Move Through Cover, Relentless, Smash, Strikedown)

Militarum Tempestus: Codex (2014) (Allied Detachment) Selections: HQ (175pts)
  • Militarum Tempestus Command Squad (175pts) (Codex: Militarum Tempestus p64)

Clarion Vox-net, Deep Strike, Move Through Cover

• Tempestor Prime (30pts)

Voice of Command

Carapace Armour, Frag Grenades, Krak Grenades, Orders (Orders: Close Assault Doctrine Sanctioned!, Orders: Advance on Target!, Orders: Autonomous Fire Sanctioned!, Orders: Suppression Doctrine Sanctioned!, Orders: Directed Firestorm Sanctioned!, Orders: Elimination Protocol Sanctioned!), Plasma Pistol (15pts), Power Sword (15pts)

• 4x Tempestus Scion w/ Plasma Gun (60pts)

4x Carapace Armour, 4x Frag Grenades, 4x Krak Grenades, 4x Plasma Gun

Troops (190pts)
  • Militarum Tempestus Scions (100pts) (Codex: Militarum Tempestus p65)

Deep Strike, Move Through Cover

• Tempestor (22pts)

Carapace Armour, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Hot-shot Laspistol, Krak Grenades

• 2x Tempestus Scion (24pts)

2x Carapace Armour, 2x Frag Grenades, 2x Hot-shot Lasgun, 2x Krak Grenades

• 2x Tempestus Scion w/ Plasma Gun (54pts)

2x Carapace Armour, 2x Frag Grenades, 2x Krak Grenades, 2x Plasma Gun

• Militarum Tempestus Scions (90pts) (Codex: Militarum Tempestus p65)

Deep Strike, Move Through Cover

• Tempestor (22pts)

Carapace Armour, Close Combat Weapon, Frag Grenades, Hot-shot Laspistol, Krak Grenades

• 2x Tempestus Scion (24pts)

2x Carapace Armour, 2x Frag Grenades, 2x Hot-shot Lasgun, 2x Krak Grenades

• 2x Tempestus Scion w/ Meltagun (44pts)

2x Carapace Armour, 2x Frag Grenades, 2x Krak Grenades, 2x Meltagun

• Like 1

For personal clarification and understanding having still not played 7th...

You have Imperial Knights as your Warlords Faction.  This grants you unlimited (up to TO/Event limit/Points Limit) access to any Imperial Knights Faction Detachment, which could be a CAD from the BRB (which wouldn't work with IK for the obvious reasons), The special Force Org from the IK Codex (I'm going to assume it's referred to as a Detachment, though?), or Adamantine Lance from the IK Codex I'm assuming, or other "formations" or Force Org charts that have been approved.  In addition, as an Imperial Faction, you are Battle Brothers with all other Imperial Factions.

At which point, you are taking the  Paladin in an IK Detachment, The Adamantine Lance Detachment and an Allied Detachment, totaling 3 Detachments in your 1850 list.

Am I understanding and reading it correctly?

Couple things.

--The list would not be legal for 2 detachment formats like BAO/LVO/Nova (you have 1 IK detachment, 1 IK formation and 1 allied detachment).  It would be legal at Adepticon though.

--Not sure though why you'd make the single IK your warlord.  If you make it one of the IKs in the adamantine lance formation you'd then have a rerollable 3++ shield and a very tough to kill warlord.

I think so, I'm assuming best case.  Otherwise I'd drop the lance ( sadface) and just have Scions as allies.I know I could flip it around and have the Scions as my primary and still get the lance and a knight as a LoW, but I'm not sure who could be the warlord (I want the Paladin)

You can't take a knight as Lord of War slot unless its a Forge World one.  Why not take the paladin in the lance with two errants and make the paladin the warlord?  I'd personally go that route, go with three IKs and beef up the Scions as a CAD.

• Like 1

Couple things.

--The list would not be legal for 2 detachment formats like BAO/LVO/Nova (you have 1 IK detachment, 1 IK formation and 1 allied detachment).  It would be legal at Adepticon though.

--Not sure though why you'd make the single IK your warlord.  If you make it one of the IKs in the adamantine lance formation you'd then have a rerollable 3++ shield and a very tough to kill warlord.

You can't take a knight as Lord of War slot unless its a Forge World one.  Why not take the paladin in the lance with two errants and make the paladin the warlord?  I'd personally go that route, go with three IKs and beef up the Scions as a CAD.

Didn't know I could take a Lance knight as my Warlord.  I'd rather go with 3 knights and more boots.  I could add Tauroxes and Valks to taste.  Or retune for 1500pts.  Or rejigger for AM Allies, I could still take deep striking Scions with Veterans as the Allies troop choices.

• Like 1