wall of martyrs- Aquilla Strongpoint and other sizes

Torg

I am thinking about next year - OFCC - and an idea I have for some custom terrain.  I want to do some "counts-as" things and I am curious as to the basic sizes of the Aquilla Strongpoint and the weapon battery mostly...  Footprint size (area) and height if possible.  Also I am interested in the physical size of the Fortress of Redemption. 

I will need to check the book and my options as to points costs when I get home :)

-d

• Like 1

I don't know exact dimensions on the Aquilla Strongpoint, but to judge from pictures: main strongpoint ~10" x 10" x 5"; turret, ~6" x 6" x 6"; bunker annex looks like ~8" x 6" x 3" or so.

The mounting of the Vengeance Weapons battery is 4.5" across in all directions and 2" high. The gun turret adds another 2" of height.

Each of the Fortress of Redemption's two bunkers are 10" across and 4" tall; the turret on the one adds an additional 2". The main tower is 14" x 5" x 5". The walkway is 11" long along it's largest axis, 2" wide, and 3" tall; however, due to its zig-zag nature, its actual area is slightly larger than would be assumed from those measurements. Fully assembled in its "standard" configuration, the G.I. JOE PLAYSET Fortress of Redemption is approximately 28" long and 18" deep, depending on exactly how you measure it.

• Like 2

Thanks for your guesses AP… 

well - not sure exactly what I will be trying to do here yet - waiting on the DE codex this weekend.  But planning a revision of a Harlequin army - based from the DE book potentially.  BUT the theme I plan to go for is a circus or a carnival.  Which would include circus "tents"… maybe some twisted rides.  But the idea I am toying with it that the tents would be sized and built to be possibly counts as strongpoints… maybe.  Sizes and army list points realities would have a huge influence on that for sure.  But even if the points don't add up for a play-able list - they could still work for APOC games lol.  So I may as well plan now - to get the sizes comparable. 

My first thought was a large evil/gothic circus tent… but now I am thinking about smaller tents that would be closer to the strong point sizes.  It is all very vague in my head and sketches for now.  This is more of a mental feasibility noodling session right now.  But it may kinda solve the problem with getting normal harlequins into battle lol.  Massively chaotic - and it could be fairly disastrously fun.  Crazy?

Possibly OFCC ok - as I did see that at least one army had the Strongpoint with missiles :)

-d

• Like 1

Massively chaotic - and it could be fairly disastrously fun.  Crazy?

Possibly OFCC ok - as I did see that at least one army had the Strongpoint with missiles :)

Speaking as the person who ran it at OFCC, "massively chaotic and disastrously fun" pretty well summed that experience up.

I'll get that unpacked and get you dimensions this evening.

• Like 1

How did your games go? I was curious how that list was going to play out.

They basically started epic and scaled up from there.  I went 0-4-1, but on the way I did one-shot a Knight, a Maulerfiend, a Daemon Prince Warlord, myself twice, and of course nuked two fantasy tables in an attempt to kill off my Eldar opponent's ancestors because I was getting rolled so bad I had to counterstrike temporally.

I think the most vortex that was on the board at one time was five, and one of them was chasing my Warlord around like he owed it money.

Great, great games.

• Like 3

I am eager to hear about how it went as well… but again it all depends on what I do when the DE codex comes out and what it does to the harlequin options.  --- if I am unbound… or not etc.

Don't forget, 8th Edition could change things even more.  I hear it's supposed to launch next spring, in conjunction with a new SM codex.

Here you go Torg:

The larger building is an octagon about 10.5" across, up to 12" at the widest part of the buttresses.  It's about 3" to the battlements, and another 1" of wall above that.  The smaller building is about 6x8" at its widest points, and is 1.5" to the battlements, with the same sized walls.

• Like 1

excellent - thanks fix!  this will help me noodle through the concept on this idea :)

Now I need to wait till the weekend and see what kinda dark harlequin list I can build.  So far what I read about webway portals is ok - depending on whom can get them.  BUT - I can always do a combined army or an unbound army - So I think this concept is solid for me right now.  

• Like 1