Here There Be Daemons

As far as lists go, at no point did I say that my list was the cheesiest possible, just that it was cheesy.  I can't seem myself bring a skullcannon, they just don't work for my playstyle.  If 2 daemon prince lists start to pop up everywhere that might change, but I doubt it.

As for new Skaven fluff... :(

As far as lists go, at no point did I say that my list was the cheesiest possible, just that it was cheesy.  I can't seem myself bring a skullcannon, they just don't work for my playstyle.  If 2 daemon prince lists start to pop up everywhere that might change, but I doubt it.

As for new Skaven fluff... :(

I don't think your list is cheesy at all.  It provides something in each phase but isn't OTP in any particular phase.  You really excell in close combat, which all beastmen armies do.  Your magic phase is dependant on lots of power dice, IMO.  In the magic phases where you roll 5 or less you aren't going to be casting an crazy amount of spells.  Your shooting phase is still the weakest phase, but again that's just how the books are set up and you're already accustomed to that.  You have a solid movement phase, so that isn't an issue.

I really like the list because it presents a lot of threats but all of them can be dealt with appropriately.  Your doombull isn't going to be crushing big units on his own because he's not going to be breaking steadfast.  He's got the survivability, which is extremley nice on him because you can now toss him out in the open and soak up those cannon shots.  The beastigor still drop to shooting and magic.  I just really like this list and can't wait to see it fielded.

your list isnt bad at all and not cheesy.  im leaning towards an all tzeentch/slaanesh list now, just for kicks.  lvl4 metal(woc sorc daemonic mount), two lvl1 beasts, herdstone and festish.  give shields(5++ parry on gor with MoT) and this isnt terrible.  then have big stuff and chaff run around while pew pew magic(not as awesomely pew pew as with the horrors though).  the beasts/nurgle list though with beastmen heavy will be lots of fun combat...

I don't think your list is cheesy at all.  It provides something in each phase but isn't OTP in any particular phase.  You really excell in close combat, which all beastmen armies do.  Your magic phase is dependant on lots of power dice, IMO.  In the magic phases where you roll 5 or less you aren't going to be casting an crazy amount of spells.  Your shooting phase is still the weakest phase, but again that's just how the books are set up and you're already accustomed to that.  You have a solid movement phase, so that isn't an issue.

I really like the list because it presents a lot of threats but all of them can be dealt with appropriately.  Your doombull isn't going to be crushing big units on his own because he's not going to be breaking steadfast.  He's got the survivability, which is extremley nice on him because you can now toss him out in the open and soak up those cannon shots.  The beastigor still drop to shooting and magic.  I just really like this list and can't wait to see it fielded.

Herdstone and 5 nearby casters is not going to give me a phase below 5 dice.  When you include the 6 channels, it is unlikely that I'll have a phase with less than 11 dice.  

Herdstone and 5 nearby casters is not going to give me a phase below 5 dice.  When you include the 6 channels, it is unlikely that I'll have a phase with less than 11 dice.  

You're right, but I as an opponent of the herdstone's, I use that to my advantage.  You are going to have a lot of targets next to or near that thing.  There's also a chance for a ton of miscasts.  When you include 6 channels, and before you roll dice, that's 1 extra power dice per six dice rolled.  Odds are that you probably get 2; however, just applying the 1 in 6 chance you should be guaranteed 1 extra dice.

Looks like I get to play this Sunday after all, so I'm thinking this for the list:

Herald of Tzeentch - Level 2, Tzeentch, Minor Gift (Had the points, why not?)

15 Horrors - Standard, Musician

24 Plaguebearers - Full Command

3 Beast of NUrgle

Beast of Nurgle

Burning Chariot

Burning Chariot

I have a soft spot for those burning chariots.  They aren't the most survivable things in the world, but they can mess things up with their shooting attacks.  And it's fun that they have screamers pulling them, so I can annoyingly fly over something, get 2d3 slashing attacks, and then shoot them in the back.  

Last night's game was a good time!  I feel like I only minimally got to contribute on one side of the board, as my beasts spent their entire time failing charges and not getting into combat until the last turn.  On the other side, my plaguebearers took a hit from three chariots and beat them with the help of a flank charge from a beast.  Magic was alright, but didn't really change the game that much.  I did manage to steal invocation from a necromancer, not that it did me any good to have the spell :)  In the end I still had everything aside from my chariots, though my plaguebearers were locked in an endless slap-fest with a big unit of skeletons with a tomb prince.

It was a fun game though, Tim's single forsaken model kicked a unit of arrow boyz out of a building, then managed to beat and run them down in a second round of combat.  That guys deserves a medal or something!

I got no painting done last week, so hopefully I can at least finish my standard bearer for the horrors by next sunday.  

Here's a rules question: A burning chariot if puled by two screamers of Tzeentch.  If I fly over a unit, do they get their slashing attacks?

Does the chaiot have the slashing attacks special rule?  If not, then no.

For instance, I have murderous prowess under the special rules for my cold one chariots but it has (crew only) next to the special rule.

Another example is the bloodwrack medusa.  The lone medusa is subject ot frenzy and I don't believe the medusa on the shrine in subject to frenzy.

So after some thought and contemplation I decided not to go with full conversions for the burning chariots.  The kit was starting to grow on me so I picked up two the other day, and I'm glad I did.

The kit for the chariot itself is ok, but it comes with TONS of extra bits that are usable as other units.  From each kit I can make:

Chariot

Heralds on Disk or on foot

6 Horrors (some blue horrors, some unit fillers)

Or

Exhalted Flamer 

Heralds on Disk or on foot

2 Screamers 

6 Horrors 

That is a TON of models to get from a single kit.  I'm gonna spend a little time with them today, but other that clipping out the pieces, I don't expect to get much done.

Hero hammer was a blast!  I brought this list with me:

Lord of Change - Level 4, Tzeentch, Exalted Gift, Lesser Gift

Daemon Prince - Chaos Armor, Fly

Herald of Tzeentch - Disc, Metal

Herald of Tzeentch - Disc, Metal

Exalted Flamer

Exalted Flamer

I managed to get in four games this week (Don't worry, only two of them counted for the league!), and using a list with just six models was tons of fun.  I wont go through all the details of each game, but here are some highlights.

-On turn one, Khorne drops a stone on a carnosaur, killing the dude right off the top of him

-On turn one, Slaanesh outright kills a warshpinx

-Lord of Change makes a ward save against a Necrosphinx's heroic killing blow

-Daemon Prince takes a screaming skull catapult to the face and disappears 

-Lord of Change and Oldblood on a cold one slap-fight for several rounds

-Lord of Change fights 40 clanrats and 40 slaves for 5 or six rounds of combat, taking challenges as much as possible

-Flamers fail to do anything spectacular for most of the night

It was a blast, thanks to all of my opponents for the games!

Things that I have learned:

-Greater Daemons are awesome.  With the eternal blade and whatever lesser gift I managed to get, the LoC was a threat to everything he fought against.  I couldn't even get John to challenge me with his fellblade warlord!

-Heralds on discs are soft, but very useful.  In games where there is more shooting I'm sure they are a liability, but having a couple of searing dooms that can get anywhere on the board can put a lot of pressure on high-armor lists.

-Exalted flamers require finesse.  I think they are more useful on the chariots, but I might just need more experience with them.  They are magnetized to work as either unit, so maybe a little trial and error will make them more useful to me.