Here There Be Daemons

Getting ready for my triumphant return tonight.  I'll be taking this list.

Herald of Nurgle - Greater Locus, Lesser Gift

Herald of Tzeentch - Level 2, Tzeentch

10 Horrors - Full Command (free)

10 Horrors - Full Command (free)

23 Plaguebearers - Full Command (free), Standard of Discipline 

3 Beast of Nurgle

Beast of Nurgle

Burning Chariot of Tzeentch

See you there!!

Games were fun last night!  I got the satisfaction of watching 100 skaven slaves run off the board on turn two, as well as the feeling of being pricked to death by a million arrows from the wood elves.  Seriously, guys, both games were a lot of fun. 

So now begins the long week of thanksgiving.  At work I am lucky enough to have Thursday off, but otherwise am booked solid for events and long shifts.  Painting is not likely to happen, though I forced myself to take some time today and at least get more of the army primed in black.  If I find some extra time, I will try and base coat some of my neglected horrors.

Looking forward to next weeks mega-battle.  I will bring the same list as this week, just adding some command to the units that I actually have to pay for.

I decided that for the rampage I would rather bring a fully painted army than the one I have been practicing with lately.  That means that I'll be dropping my Tzeentch toys to go all in with papa Nurgle.  

Great Unclean One - Level 2, Nurgle

Herald of Nurgle - Greater Locus, Greater Gift

26 Plaguebearers - Full Command, Banner of Swiftness

3 Beast of Nurgle

3 Beast of Nurgle

2 Nurglings

2 Nurglings

Not super interesting, not a ton of hitting power, but it will look good on the board.  Tzeentch will be back when I get more models painted up!

You know...maybe.   Who knows how I'm going to feel tomorrow?

• Like 1

Alternative list, all I would need to paint would be a herald on tzeentch on a disk.

Daemon Prince - Mark of Nurgle, Chaos Armor, Lesser Gift

Herald of Nurgle - Greater Locus, Greater gift

Herald of Tzeentch - Level 2, Lore of Metal, Disk of Tzeentch

26 Plaguebearers - Full Command, Banner of Swiftness

3 Beasts of Nurgle

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne 

5 Flesh Hounds of Khorne

I have my snails which make for good flesh hounds, and I think this list is a little bit more interesting to play with than the first.

Started on the disc Herald today.  The model is flipping beautiful, but it will take time to paint.  There may not be time to get him all the way to a finished yellow, but maybe I can get him to bright red and then come back for the yellow later.  

*Update*

Managed to get the disc portion done and got a base coat of red finished.  I might actually have the thing done by sunday!  

disc1.jpg

• Like 1

Woo!  Had a blast at the rampage last week!  I got in 4 games with great players and managed to only get completely worked over in the first match by wisetiger's beastmen.   

Now the time has come to build the army up to the 2000s.  I started work on a Lord of Change today using bits from the empire hurricanum, pegasus, and some daemon/woodelf/beastment bits that I got from RD.  Everything is set up and primed, so hopefully I can start work painting it tomorrow.  For this weeks game I'm going to bring this list.

Lord of Change - Exalted Gift, Lesser Gift, Level 4 Tzeentch

Herald of Nurgle - Greater Gift, Greater Locus, BsB

Herald of Tzeentch - Level 1 Metal, Disc of Tzeentch

10 Horrors - Musician, Tzeentch

10 Horrors - Musician, Tzeentch

25 Plaguebearers - Full Command, Banner of Swiftness

3 Beasts of Nurgle 

3 Beasts of Nurgle

5 Flesh Hounds

5 Flesh Hounds

It's a battle between the 2 units of hounds or a soul grinder right now, but the dogs turned out to be an incredible asset in the rampage.   I'll stick with them for now and try the grinder later on down the road.

Got two great games in last night against MexicanNinja and Raindog. 

MN brought the 1000 point version of Maliketh to the party, so a lot of the game was spent tip-toeing around to avoid a charge from him.  In the beginning, I lost a combat that I thought I would perform much better in.  A couple of mindrazors later and MN had wrecked my plaguebearers and 2 units of beasts of nurgle.  Maliketh, the weakling, cowardly elf that he is, spent most of the game behind a building where I could not get him with my tzeentch magic.  Eventually I brought him down with a strength 10 infernal gateway.  In the end my lord of change, who was up to 10 attacks and strength 10, almost destroyed his remaining corsairs, but the 5 left in the unit were safe on a steadfast leadership test.  The game ended in a tie, with only 600-700 points remaining on each side.

Against RD, I had much more luck.  His shooting was unable to deal with my beast units, and my hounds got across the board fast and started tearing up his glade gaurd.  The real winner for me in this game was magic, as my Lord of Change and horrors blasted 1-2 units off the board each turn.  He had some terrible luck, and my dice were spot on.  It was a solid win for the daemons, and a great revenge game for my beasts who have a terrible losing record against RD's elves.

The lord of change is awesome.  He didn't take more than a single wound in each game, and his magical abilities are tops.  I think the trick with him is to take the lower casting-value spells and just pelt the enemy with everything you have.  Slowly but surely, those magic missles will waste units away.

^ yes definitely take down Big Bird if you can!  daemons are difficult for elves though.  that saying im shocked you were able to deal with that 1k malekith, but the extreme gateway is probably one of the best ways!  i have absolutely nothing in my lists(dwarf or beasts) that can deal with that malekith... he even easily kills the bull outright in one combat no sweat lol.  crazy!  impressive job rudra.  i think i need to take your daemons on sometime.

RD - You should have, but I knew that.  There is a reason that he stayed on the far flank until your shooters started to get killed off.  It's a hard choice between killing off the big threat or the smaller ones that are heading straight for you. 

DP - Yeah, Malekith is scary, which is why I tried to keep out of his way whenever possible.  His casting was limited, as I had the ability to add a d6 to all of my dispell atempts.  I'm up for a game anytime if I'm not at work. 

Great game against Romes's daemon army last night.  We spent a ton of time moving in and out of range, playing it safe in the movement phase.   In the end his shooting paid off more than my magic (My casting rolls were terrible!), and he came out on top.  It was a close game, but he definitely earned the win.

I still haven't lost the LoC in a game yet, even after he took a cannon to the face in this last game.  I might start to be more aggressive with him, as he is sturdy and mobile enough to pick the battles that he wants to be in. 

When I get back from Seattle I'll have to get on the paint wagon and get some things done!  Got to have a solid army ready for the brawl!