Keep the knight or not?

von hammer

This last weekend I played with a Wolf Pack and Gerantius and loved the in your face feel but got demolished by more shooty armies. Thinking of dropping him for the GG league and bringing a Stormwolf with 10 BC and Krom. Any input?

Original list was:

Wolf Lord: Black Death axe, TW, SS

Rune Priest: ML2, bike

BCx5: PP, PF

BCx5: PP, PL

Iron Priest: TW

Iron Priest: TW

TWCx6: 3x SS, 2 PA, 4 CS, BP, Bolter

Logan: chariot

Gerantius

New list:

Champions of Fenris

Wolf Lord: PA, SS, Relic Pelt

Rune Priest: ML2, bike

Iron Priest x2: TW

BC x10: PPx2, PG, PF, Stormwolf (skyhammer)

TWC x6: Same

Krom Dragongaze

Logan: chariot

Let me know guys ;)

• Like 1

Also, going in more depth, I think you want to be careful with your toys to boys ratio. This is something I've had a problem with in my SW recently.

So more feedback:

- What's the wolf lord for Power Axe, Storm shield and the Pelt? Yuck. I would drop him entirely over this config. You lose his initiative and gain fear for some unit types? No good. Maybe wolf claw, storm shield? Also, why no Thunderwolf?

- How did the runepriest work out for you?

- If you want plasma, I would definitely go with Ulrik over Krom. Also, think about Grey Hunters over BC. BC are just bad at shooting. That being said, Plasma pistols are pretty spendy for what you're getting. If you really want them, maybe think about swapping in a Wolf Guard with Combi-Plasma. Also keep in mind that this kills the assault transport aspect of your list though by having a rapid fire weapon (plasma gun). I'd rather go flamers or melta.

- Alternatively, put a minimum BC squad in the stormwolf and create a plasma-cide squad in a drop pod. That will do the job much better.

- Scrape up the points for TL-MM on the stormwolf if at all possible.

- For your TWC, why power axes? Why not wolf claws? Shred and AP3 with rending just seem like a better deal. Also, don't take a bolter. Also, always get at least one PF for your TWC. S10 is too hard to pass up.

How about something like this?

Harald - 190

Iron Priest  with TWC - 105

Iron Priest  with TWC - 105

5 TWC - 3 SS, 2 WC, Power Fist - 290

5 GH in Stormwolf with Wolf Standard - 330

Logan with SR - 320

Ulrik - 145

10 Grey Hunters with 2 Plasma and WG with Combi-plasma in DP and Locator - 255

Lone Wolf with TDA, Combi-Melta and PF - 55

Lone Wolf with TDA, Combi-Melta and PF - 55

Still a lot of toys, but a little more utility.

I like your list, 100 points over league value but I still like it ;) I've been playing around with a fully kitted out Wolf Lord on TW with the regular codex that I like. Just dropped the iron priests from the original list. And yes, I should go Ulrik over Krom ;) Thanks Pretre! See you tonight at GG?

I like your list, 100 points over league value but I still like it ;) I've been playing around with a fully kitted out Wolf Lord on TW with the regular codex that I like. Just dropped the iron priests from the original list. And yes, I should go Ulrik over Krom ;) Thanks Pretre! See you tonight at GG?

Yeah, league is 1750 this month. 1850 last month.