unleashing the herd(purple people eaters)

so i have most of the models i want to use(besides chariots and piggies).  totally unpainted besides many of the minos(from NtK, not sure if ill be able to do them as well as he did...).  have 70 gor(ill convert about 10-15 for harpies), 20 bestigor, 10 ungor raiders, a ghorgon, 2 bray shaman, 10 minotaurs, doombull and gorebull.  with school and research picking up combined with my desire to not paint like total dog poop(as usual)... this may be a slow process.

wont be there for the 1000 points i bet but here's what i would have:

25 gor, FC AHW

5 ungor raiders

5 minotaurs, AHW

16 bestigor, standard

gorebull, AHW

bray shaman, lvl 1

• Like 1

IMHO drop the bestigors, I've run them multiple times, they just don't pay rent until the huge point sink levels.

I'd go 24 on the gors in 6x4 with just standard and musician

Is use the saved points for a second unit of gors. It will pay off.

Gorebull BSB builds pay ALL the rent.

(Heavy armor,shield, gnarled hide, beast banner)

Raise up that lvl 1 to a lvl 2 if you can with ah. Wyssans goes so far for beasts.

• Like 1

its the hero slot problem at 1k unfortunately.  cant fit a bsb gorebull and a lvl2 barebacked both.  unless we are playing that 50% rule.  im doing the mino build cause i think it will be fun, not because its 'powerful'.  cause i know its not :) i have 20 bestigors and i need more units in general so thats why i threw them in.  1k is a little bit tricky for what i have.  essentially 5 bestigors per minotaur.  there's positives and negatives both sides.  obviously since both are  T4(stupid) and 2 more wounds makes besti's probably the wiser choice, especially without a gorebull.  i acknowledge that this list is 'pretty mediocre' but its what i have at the moment.  a 200 point increase would help immensely :)

• 2 weeks later...

been painting gor on my limited free time this week.  mostly just got axes/HW and a darker brown coat over the fur.  will be making the skin purple i think after testing between incubi dark and naggaroth purple.  got my wife involved in the painting a wee bit and i think she she enjoys it and may continue painting!  that will help me immensely(mostly cause im terrible at it).  side note, finally tapped the vienna lager.  not bad, but i probably should have lagered it another few weeks to a month.  impatient brewing but its definitely not bad at least! :)

Well haven't got around to painting much this week(booo!). Hopefully get to it by the weekend. Get some more layers on. Observation so far: I mainly went to beastmen for the monstrous side of things which is why I'm playing minotaurs. Really need the 100 points boost so my gorebull can get the bsb on him. That will help alot. Can't have miscasts cause half my army to start fleeing off the board. Retrospectly I should have just said to hell with it with magic at those points and make sure I have a bsb. It's really hard to get off the only spell u care about with a Lvl2 without risk of miscast. Dwarf player learning magic is a bit comical :)

I think you invested too many points into Minos at this stage.  You could really use a razorgor and a chariot or two.  I would drop the minos for a bit and get some more units on the table.  Save the minos for a few games down the road.  Only having two units on the table is rough.  The mino's can easliy be kitted around and the unit of gors isn't that much of a threat.  Heck, I'd sacrifice most things just to get in there and kill the wizard.

i would absolutely do that if i had the models.  its definitely not my ideal build for what i was thinking(need chariots and nuisances), but at this point im just playing with what i got for models and when i get my bestigors on their bases(guy i bought them from didnt tell me they didnt have bases..) they will be added.  also, dont really like the razorgor models(too cheesy weird looking) and chariots im just waiting on a good deal on ebay someday(or if i could convert my OnG boar chariot..).  

• 2 weeks later...

bought two razorgor alternative models i liked this past week(for less than the cost of one...oh GW).  awaiting mail delivery on them... gore bull bsb broke into many pieces last week so it was time i started attempting to pin.  think i got the standard finally on there but we'll see.  ill probably paint that guy this week.  for painting, i put a second coat of purple on this week.  man it takes forever to paint 50 gor... i also painted 2 of them farther and messed around with layers/shade schemes.  i like the green shade for some reason.  also got a few more steps on the ghorgon done.  he's pretty near completion.  so far painting the beasts has been more enjoyable than the dwarfs.  for list:

9 minos, standard

5 ungor raiders

5 ungor raiders

29 gor or something

lvl2 beasts

gorebull, BSB(FINALLY!!!!), brass cleaver, 2+as, shield

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

unfortunately sick and not going to make it today for hero-hammer... i did finish up the doombull this week and almost done with the gorebull bsb. got a few woc characters online that ill probably add to the chaos legions list.  specifically i think i may take a daemonic mounted sorcerer or festus.  i think the beasts with marks are really going to help them quite a bit and im staying away from adding too many daemons/warriors because i want to keep it a beastmen theme.  may buy a chimera at some point but i think the characters and chimera is all id add to the army at this point and i think it can be somewhat competitive :) hopefully can make it next weekend, but i have a ton of exams/presentations(5 total) the following 14 days so i may not be able to come until turkey week 'sigh'...