American Sniper, time for my annual theater visit

Purplepeopleeater

What is the tone of the book?  Is this a war movie?  A propaganda film?  An angsty drama focused mostly on the period after he returns from a tour?

The trailer is definitely interesting but I'd like to know more so I know whether or not to try and get my wife interested, etc.

Autobiography of SEAL Chief Chris Kyle, who is the record-holding sniper in U.S. military history. Kyle has more than 150 officially confirmed kills (the previous American record was 109). Talks about his time in, dealing with ROE, struggles with being married, the "Jesse" incident, PTSD....

The actor portraying Chris Kyle, Bradley Cooper, really took this project to heart... not too long after the project's start Kyle was murdered.  Cooper met with Kyle's family and felt a tremendous responsibility to accurately portray Chris in the film.  Supposedly Clint Eastwood is not going to "Lone Survivor" the movie and remain true... but we'll see.

• Like 2