Swedish Comp - rate and discuss your army

Ever since we had our Daemon off Dave, you've gone off the boil : p

Indeed Hero.

All time great game, that one.

I can't really argue, but only for the OFCC.  Well, mostly anyway.  I like playing games wherein I have to be crafty.  Not in the 'gamey' sense, but in the way I have to play tactically.  I like the challenge of taking on a superior list with some off the wall fluffy list. Even if I lose I give a good game and I (as well as my opponent I suppose) get to try out new units and unusual lists.  Fun times. 

I loved me some 'Ard Boyz events though!  And from the sounds of it most of our local tournaments are like those in your neck of the woods.  'Out of the book Warhammer' is pretty standard around here, though our talent pool isn't nearly as deep as yours.  I certainly am not above hordeing up my Witches with a Cauldron and tossing on a Wildform or two to go with my pair of Warlock units!  Though that list had a Beastmaster on a Manticore too, so maybe it doesn't count for that much after all......  Still won the event tho, so there's that I guess.

I slapped together a "competitive" DE that falls well within the range, yet would probably be listed as a douche swizzle list.

It's like any system, there are loopholes.

Which is why captains are responsible for the second level filtration (players themselves should be the first) and the LRC will have the final say. If players don't mind penalties then, by all means, try and game the system!

• Like 1

I slapped together a "competitive" DE that falls well within the range, yet would probably be listed as a douche swizzle list.

Post please?  This is the kind of info I'm looking for, along with comp scores for OFCC 2014 armies, and commentary on how said OFCC 2014 seemed by comparison to opponents!

this is what I'm thinking of for next year. it comps at a 19.7 using a starting value of 300 for 2800pts (but doesn't account for the Morghast Archai as they don't have a comp yet, and I'm no sure if they will even be allowed in). 19.7 is likely too soft a list so some small changes will be in order. any suggestions would be appreciated. comp values are in parenthesis.

Drak on Azul (Vampire Lord) (-15)

+ lv 1 Lore of Vamps

+ Talisman of Preservation

+ The Other Trickster's Shard

+ Charmed Shield

+ Book Of Arkhan (-5)

+ Aura Of Dark Majesty

+ Beguile

+ Summon Creatures Of The Night

+ Dread Knight

+ Great Weapon

+ Heavy Armour

+ Zombie Dragon (-5)

Vampire (-7)

+ lv 2 Lore of Vamps (-5)

+ Dispel Scroll (-7)

+ Glittering Scales

+ Dread Knight

+ Quickblood (-3)

+ Summon Creatures Of The Night

+ Additional Hand Weapon

+ Shield

+ Battle Standard (-5)

Wight King (-4)

+ Armour of Destiny

+ Great Weapon

Wight King (-4)

+ Dragonbane Gem

+ Armour of Silvered Steel

+ Great Weapon

34 Skeleton Warriors (-3)

+ Musician

+ Standard Bearer

34 Skeleton Warriors (-3)

+ Musician

+ Standard Bearer

30 Skeleton Warriors (-3)

+ Banner of Eternal Flame

+ spears

+ Skeleton Champion

+ Musician

+ Standard Bearer

5 Dire Wolves (-2)

+ Doom Wolf

5 Dire Wolves (-2)

5 Dire Wolves (-2)

27 Grave Guard (-13)

+ Banner Of The Barrows (-4)

+ Replace Shields With Great weapons

+ Seneschal

+ Musician

+ Standard Bearer

2 Bat Swarms (-3)

2 Bat Swarms (-3)

Black Coach (-5)

2 morghast archai (unknown comp value)

I'm curious what point value people are currently planning around (and comping) for 2015?

I've been looking at 2400/2600/2800 point lists. Nothing has been announced for OFCC 2015 yet and I am keeping my options open.

I imagine that lists will be comped at the normal SwedeComp values at whatever point level is settled on. I don't think the comp values are distorted enough to warrant modification of the values. If anything, I feel like 2600-2800 point lists using standard SwedeComp will result in lists being steered towards the softer side. Which fits well with the OFCC goals I think.

• Like 2

I'd like to see this too. DE are one of the toughest comped armies. I'm surprised you found a significant hole there. Either that or we have very different interpretations of the term "douche swizzle".

I think having a max of 18 is a HUGE mistake.  I just made a list that is far from soft, it is just not considered optimal for the race, and therefore clocks in at an 18.4.  If I tweak it to make it come in at an 18 it actually gets softer and destroys some of the synergy of the army.  I think the max cap needs to be a 20, or better yet, not have one at all.  BTW I would take on any list with this list, it won't wreak face, but it will compete against most thing.  I used a "softer" version of this list at  2800 points at OFCC and went 4-1 and could have won that one loss if I did not make two big mistakes.  I'm also not trying to beat the system by taking softer hard choices, I'm just trying to put a list that is one fun, and two works together but according to the Swish system dwarfs with no warmachines will always fall short. 

Dreadlord, Heavy, SDC, shield, Dragon Helm, 4++, Ogre Blade

Master, 1+ Reroll, Sword of Might, BSB

2 x Lv2, 1 Heavens, 1 Metal. Scroll on one, Hotek on the other

3 x 5 Dark Riders, 4+, Xbows, Muso

2 x 12 Witches, Stand, Muso, one has the flaming banner

2 Cold One Chariots

2 x 5 Knights, Muso

2 RBT

25 BlackGuard, FC, Razor

Maybe not as many tools as I would like, but looks like it could be interesting to play with and not to bad against for Darkies.