End Times Part Dos

Anyone who doesn't think that characters cap going up doesn't matter.

Remember cheap character spam exists. Individual allocation exists.

Is it sky falling time. Hell no. But to pretend it won't matter is wrong too.

What does it matter though? Rules always change and players must adapt. Sure spamming characters may be a tactic we will see, but except for a certain few, you will often be better off taking rare or special choices.

Who cares if a doombull is in the unit. You're giving up combat res. People will jus ignore the mino.

I am curious as to what you mean by "giving up combat res".

These guys are WS6, I5, T5, AS3+/6+ with the mark of nurgle (-1 to hit I believe). They won't give up wounds easily. In return they'll hit with (say 4 in combat) 12 WS6, S4 attacks back (plus the doombull).

While they may not get ranks without spending 360 points, they are a pretty solid unit. I would not throw them up against a large block or horde, but they are going to perform really well against many units (especially as they get to choose their weapons to fit their opponent)

I am curious as to what you mean by "giving up combat res".

These guys are WS6, I5, T5, AS3+/6+ with the mark of nurgle (-1 to hit I believe). They won't give up wounds easily. In return they'll hit with (say 4 in combat) 12 WS6, S4 attacks back (plus the doombull).

While they may not get ranks without spending 360 points, they are a pretty solid unit. I would not throw them up against a large block or horde, but they are going to perform really well against many units (especially as they get to choose their weapons to fit their opponent)

It mainly stems from me playing dark elves and how I play them.  That unit won't last against my CoK unit.

It mainly stems from me playing dark elves and how I play them.  That unit won't last against my CoK unit.

Yes, I suppose that's why I'd make sure your CoK's were fighting something else... you do know there are two players in a game of Warhammer right? It's not all your choice of how things go. :tongue: 

Of course, there are always other variables which come into the equation.  I'm just making that statement as a 1v1 (unit vs unit).

So in the instance that we played a game with only one unit each, you are totally right.... (actually, I have no clue off the top of my head your CoK stats or build, so you could be totally wrong there too for all I know :tongue:  )

So in the instance that we played a game with only one unit each, you are totally right.... (actually, I have no clue off the top of my head your CoK stats or build, so you could be totally wrong there too for all I know :tongue:  )

If we're taking into account my two characters that are in the unit, just as the bull is in the above unit, then here are some numbers to play with...

5 attacks with poison and no armour saves (death hag)

8 attacks with poison (2 witches on the cauldron)

5 S5 attacks (malekith)

14 attacks at S4 ( Cold One Knights and S6 on the charge)

8 S4 attacks (Cold Ones)

D6+1 S5 (Impact Hits)

So, that unit packs between 42-47 attacks on the charge and 40 attacks if they are charged. They have ASF and Murderous Prowess. So with the cauldron they get re-rolls to attacks against non ASF units and get to re-roll all wounds (including impact hits and cold one attacks for re-rolling to wound).  Don't forget that Malekith is also a level 4 caster and we all know the power of the dark magic.  All models have at least WS5 and at least I6.  Malekith has a 2+ward against non magic attacks and can break a random magic item on a 4+ if he scores one or more hits (so, there is the possibility of breaking a magic weapon before rolling to wound in a challenge and would give him his 2+ ward).  Every cav model has a 2+/6++, the cauldron has a 6+/4++, and the death hag has a 5++.

I'm pretty confident that I dish out more wounds than those nurgle things.

AgentP, thatdave: you are dead to me. Dead.

EDIT: I reckon it's making up for the fact that Nurgle was the last to get plastic lesser daemons, and that the current Beast model is still failcast. Nurgle gets all the love because Nurgle is the most lovable (and loving) of the chaos gods.