End Times Part Dos

Finally reading through End Times 1. Holy crap is the fluff awesome. We're basically gearing up to a final war between Order and Chaos, but Order is represented by the never-changing Undead. The Old World is [big bad swear word]ed. 

They are actually some of the better battle descriptions I've read from GW. I'm digging the format quite a bit.

To me this feels like a story plot where the Heros (the Factions of Order) are being beaten down and humbled. Now we will just need an 80's montage (Cue Eye of the Tiger) during 9th Ed to build the Hero backup to a tough fighter again to kick Chaos in the.... Oh, I guess they already rotted off.

If you've read any Warhammer Novels you can kind of see where this is leading. A non-ending battle where just when you think Chaos won the Heros just push them back.

No, but the thing is, the forces of Order aren't heroes, they're undead. Lack of chaos is the static, unchanging world of the dead. There are no good sides to this battle for the Empire. They just get crushed in between.

Just watch, there will be survivors of the Empire that will join together for survival. Looks like the Elves will do it and the Dwarves will find ready allies in the humans.

Yes Chaos and the Undead will fight one another but the forces of the Living will live to fight another day.

Like I said, in Warhammer novels the Heros almost always lose through most of the story fighting an underdog fight. Whole cities and regions of land are sacrificed for the story but in the end the forces of Order come back from certain doom to push the forces of chaos back, for a time.

Read a number of their novels and aside from Gortek and Felix the stories all look like humanity is about to end. But if they want to have the game continue humanity has to survive.

Also you can't take the perspective of the ET books too literal. All the army books are done from the perspective of the army it is written for. So in the Skaven book they are the best race around and all their scheming is goodish. In the Dark Elves book the High Elves are nothing more than stuckup usherupers that need to be destroyed. So same goes for this book.

When all the booke are out the full picture will be seen. It will be bleak for humanity but hope will still exsist. Or as Obe said, "In time a new hope will emerge."

Just saw on BoLS that Karl Franz will not be killed and will get an upgrade. He is also referred to as, well let me just post the quote.

"Empire:

-New High Patriarch is called GregorMartak

-Karl Franz is alive and has new rules in the Glottkin book, he's called somehthing along the lines of "The ascended Karl Franz" and can resurrect from the dead if killed in-game, though no word's given on how often. In another fluff text, he's called the "Mightiest fighter of the Forces of Light". Make of that what you wish."

You know with all the Daemons that will be running around and the Lord/Hero% going up a true council of light might be a good idea with Empire, that and more cannons on the table.

Suck big hunks of metal Glotkin! How many ward saves can you make?

• Like 2

If Karl Franz died I would be wide-eyed for a long while until it clicked in my skull.  He's the only reason The Empire is still in one piece, well mostly.

Also, Karl Franz has always kicked butt against the forces of chaos and it only makes sense to do it once more.

As for the council of light, I've been thinking about running one in a Dark Elves army for [big bad swear word]s and giggles.