End Times Part Dos

It's about time that Karl ascends to Sigmar-like power.  

I have to agree with this post.  The amount of "stuff" this douche bag has done for The Empire is flipplin insane.  There's a reason why this dude's as bad ass as he is on the battle field.  When Ghal maraz gets to swinging, you best "beat it nerd!"

There is one other figure I would LOVE to see at a higher power.....LUTHOR HUSS!!!!!

He's always been my favorite Sigmarite Warpriest.  He is just a bad mamajama!

• Like 1

Also, you know, the whole part of Nagash where he lives after losing to Walach and frees Deathclaw from the Chaos army. And where Martak was already revealed to be the new Supreme Patriarch. None of that is news as it all happens in chapter four.

Actually, no, I don't know.  I haven't read a single page of the fluff because I'm not dropping that much money just to read fluff.

I have to agree with this post. The amount of "stuff" this douche bag has done for The Empire is flipplin insane. There's a reason why this dude's as bad ass as he is on the battle field. When Ghal maraz gets to swinging, you best "beat it nerd!"

There is one other figure I would LOVE to see at a higher power.....LUTHOR HUSS!!!!!

He's always been my favorite Sigmarite Warpriest. He is just a bad mamajama!

I too would love to see Luthor Huss rise to a higher position. I read his novel and thought to myself that this guy has got a destiny. Still would like to see him with the hammer and the sword the peasant girl wielded. That would be fitting and a tribute to his goal to protect the innocence left in the Empire. (And if you haven't read the novel he Really is a hand and prophet of Sigmar. The peasant girl is not mentioned in the army book but her influence and sacrifice helped Luthor become the bad a&& he is today.)

Also all the End Times books happen within the same time but those of us who haven't read the first don't know of any of it.

Here is some info on the new glotkin release

Glottkin:
-3 brothers, Ghurk (Beast), Ethrac (Sorcerer), Otto (Warlord)
-Biggest kit yet for all Chaos armies, might be bigger than Nagash
-2 head/hand options for Otto, aka helmeted/unhelmeted and holding a
severed head/his own entrails
-The brothers are NOT conjoined
-Fluff: As their parents, peaceful Norscan farmers,were murdered by
imperial troops, the three wanted to take revenge and took up their
respective equipment, aka Scythe and Wizardry/Healing. Mutating into a
giant-sized beast was just an addition for Ghurk.
-The 3 nails put through a lot of stuff as already seen on the Maggoth
Lords is the Glottkin's symbol
-They're Archaon's "scouts" and were sent to kill Karl Franz and destroy
Altdorf
-No rules in the WD for them, sadly

Chaos:
-Archaon still doesn't take action but rather sends Glottkin and Valkia to
do his dirty work in the Empire/Naggaroth

Empire:
-New High Patriarch is called GregorMartak
-Karl Franz is alive and has new rules in the Glottkin book, he's called
somehthing along the lines of "The ascended Karl Franz" and can resurrect
from the dead if killed in-game, though no word's given on how often. In
another fluff text, he's called the "Mightiest fighter of the Forces of
Light". Make of that what you wish.

Bretonnia:
-Louen Leoncoeur is alive! Yes you read that right. He lives and now serves
as a vassal to Gilles le Breton

Timline:
-The Glottkin book spans over half a year, from spring 2525, when Nagash is
awoken and sends out his Mortarch Vlad to help the Empire, up to autumn
2525 and concludes in the attack on Altdorf, which happens at about the
same time as the defeat of Settra at Nagash's hands and the downfall of
Nehekhara. Basically the stories of "ET: Glottkin" and "ET: Nagash" are
parallel.

"ET: Glottkin" contains rules for a new game style called "Streets of
Death" and includes rules for fighting in cities, e.g. Altdorf and
Marienburg. Manning barricades and destroying buildings are just 2 features
mentioned that come into play during the BatRep (which the Good Guys win
actually).

The Paint Splatter article doesn't give hints about next week, strangely.
The "What's Next" part, however, says "Atemgeräte an!", which translates
to "Turn on your respirators!", "Building a Legion of Chaos", and "Codex:
Apocryphes" (however this doesn't say anything at all).
  • Like 2

I`ll be picking them up mainly to continue the storyline read which is Awesome..down to the final battles in book one now:)

And the new game modes,scenarios and rules are very nice additions.

But yeah I don't have any desire to do WoC or Demonic things...But my next Armies will probably be Empire and High Elves for my Order side of things.

So rules from the book are starting to surface, and since I have nothing else going on today I will post as many as I can find.

-Beasts have access to marks in the new book, 2 points per model for infantry, 1 point for mark for slaanesh.

-The ascended Karl Franz has a combined profile with Deathclaw, and stats like a freaking god.

-Glotkin are 190 points less than the big clown, have a shared profile as well (with 12 wounds!)

Nothing else so far.  More to come.

Wait wait wait. Karl and Deathclaw have a combined profile? Oh oh, I see where this is going.

Being an Empire player I am excited and concerned, I wanted to get Karl Franz but don't want him to be too powerful. Also a combined profile model means that future monster mounts will also get that too. Can we say 3+ ward save rerolling ones? I really hope not.

Wait wait wait. Karl and Deathclaw have a combined profile? Oh oh, I see where this is going.

Being an Empire player I am excited and concerned, I wanted to get Karl Franz but don't want him to be too powerful. Also a combined profile model means that future monster mounts will also get that too. Can we say 3+ ward save rerolling ones? I really hope not.

It's just like end times numero one. Did you expect this book to be any different?

Karl Franz has the same saves as before, a bound spell that works like chain lightning but hits the same target up to 3 times in a row, has a powered-up Ghal Maraz which does d3+1 wounds rather than d3.  Oh, and in his combined profile he has 10 attacks with it...  Costs the same at the glotkin.

Many beast units get marks, but not all.  Characters and chariots get them for 10 points (5 for slaanesh).

Beastmen characters and champions are treated as champions of chaos, and may roll on the eye of the gods chart (woo!).  However, a roll of a 12 is treated as a roll of a 2 for them (boo!)