2015 Project. Last Slayer King of Karak Kadrin

What do you folks think? Is this going to be friendly for OFCC?

2,400 Points.

Swedish Comp: 20.4 (Net Points = -96) I know you can't get higher than 20, if my calc is wrong, please let me know.

Lord - Ungrim Ironfist - 350 (-10)
Hero - Thane - BSB, Master Rune of Gungni, Shield - 153 (-18)

Hero - Thane - Oathstone, 2 Rune of Fortitude, 1 Rune of Iron, Great Weapon - 166 (-3)

Hero - Runesmith - Shield, 1 Rune of Spellbreaking - 88 (-8)

Core - Longbeards - 6x4 - 23x - Full Command, 1 Rune of Strollaz, Great Weapons, Shield - 410 (-10)

Core - Longbeards - 6x4 - 23x - Full Command, 1 Rune of Strollaz, 1 Rune of Sanctuary, Great Weapons, Shield - 379 (-8)
Special - Slayers - 6x4 - 22x - Standard Bearer, 1 Giant Slayer with 1 Rune of Fire, 1 Giant Slayer, 2 Runes of Sanctuary, 1 Rune of Strollaz - 373 (-10)
Special - Cannon - 120 (-9/4)

Special - Cannon - 1 Rune of Fire, 1 Rune of Forging - 120 (-9/6)
Rare - Rangers - 5x3 - 15x - 210 (-9)

Total Warmachine Points - 10 = -2 Swedish Points

• Like 1

I like it. It keeps the feel of dwarfs without going too crazy. 20.4 for Swiss Comp though... if the range is from 10-18 (what was initially stated, don't know if that has changed), 20.4 might be a little low. Even though this is a friendly, noncompetitive event, you still might want to beef it up a little bit...

Personally, I really wish they made slayer core so you could have an entire slayer army... like 3rd or 4th or whatever edition they had where you could take a complete slayer army.

Yeah its 23 Models but the block is 6x4

While great weapons do produce kills, without volume of attacks and bodies you may find yourself losing more combats then you desire.

Shields and 5x5 formation last for a long time, and Str4/5 armor piercing kills plenty.

Dwarves are resolute, why fight that?

While great weapons do produce kills, without volume of attacks and bodies you may find yourself losing more combats then you desire.

Shields and 5x5 formation last for a long time, and Str4/5 armor piercing kills plenty.

Dwarves are resolute, why fight that?

I'll have to disagree.  I used two block of 25 (5x5) for OFCC and they did phenomenal.  Sure, the unit died a few times during the course of my games; however, unless they were shot off the table they smacked the crap out of what they were fighting and left the units they were fighting not worth a damn.

List Idea Numero Dos:

2,400 Points.

Swedish Comp: 20.4 (Net Points = -96) I know you can't get higher than 20, if my calc is wrong, please let me know.

Lord - Ungrim Ironfist - 350 (-10)
Hero - Thane - BSB, Master Rune of Gungni, Shield - 153 (-18)

Hero - Thane - Oathstone, 2 Rune of Fortitude, 1 Rune of Iron, Great Weapon - 166 (-3)

Hero - Runesmith - Shield, 1 Rune of Spellbreaking, 1 Rune of Master Passage - 98 (-8)

Core - Longbeards - 6x7 - 40x - Full Command, 1 Rune of Strollaz, 1 Rune of Sanctuary, Shield - 600(-23)

Special - Slayers - 6x4 - 22x - Standard Bearer, 1 Giant Slayer with 1 Rune of Fire, 1 Giant Slayer, 2 Runes of Sanctuary, 1 Rune of Strollaz - 373 (-10)

Special - Gyrocopter - 80 (-3)

Special - Gyrocopter - 80 (-5)

Rare - Rangers - 5x1 - 5x - 70 (-4)

Rare - Rangers - 5x1 - 5x - 70 (-4)

Rare - Irondrakes - 7x2 - 14x - Full Command, Champion has Braces of Dwarf Pistol, 1 Runes of Strollaz - 275 (-10)

Swedish Comp Score = 19.4

I think I like this list a lot more.