2K Space Wolf List Ideas for Elvensword Ambassador Tournament

WestRider

I never used SW Grey, but Adeptus Battlegrey and Codex Grey are out of production.

Also, the nearest game store is like 3 hours away, and I work 6 nights a week, so getting there during their open hours is problematic. And I've had too many bad experiences buying paints by mail order to do that again. The only guy I know who's close enough to borrow something off of mostly doesn't use GW paints, so he doesn't have the ones I'd need.

I might have to check those out. Like I say, tho, I've never used SW Grey, it's too blue for my taste.

I played a 1500 point cut-down of this today. Hopefully got the New Model Syndrome mostly worked out. First turn consisted of shooting a Raider with 4 Plasma shots, 2 Krak Missiles, a Heavy Flamer, and ~20 Bolter shots, and doing nothing to either the Vehicle or the Passengers. That pretty much set the tone for the Game :P

I didn't even manage to kill a single Raider over the course of the Game. Only passed 3/8 or so Psychic Checks, usually throwing 2-4 dice at WC1. My Void Claws were hitting about a third of the time in both shooting and Assault. Even after I dropped the Shadow Field, it took 3 Void Claws 2 more Assault Phases to finish off his Archon. Just ridiculous.

Terminators are basically done. I'll probably put another layer of highlights on the gold, but they're good to go.

All I really need to do to get the Army fieldable is slap some paint on Murderface and lay down some snow effect on everyone to meet the two basing materials requirement. With most of the week left, I'm sure I'll get more than that.

Also, I realized something else that makes me really wish I'd gone out and hunted up bear-themed conversion parts instead of just going with regular Space Wolves: When running a list like this, instead of "Drop Wolves", I'd have an army of Drop Bears XD

• Like 2

Coat d' arms still makes the old paints, just with different names. I believe Space Wolf grey is Lupine grey etc...

I really like the line too, if they came in droppers I'd use them a lot more. Yeah, I could buy dropper bottles and transfer them but I'm lazy;)

Does anyone locally in Portland sell Coat D'Arms? I'm thinking of trying them out, but don't just want to order them if I can get them locally.

I was looking at their selection, and I don't think there's anything I really need. I checked, and I can't actually tell the difference between the dudes I did with Codex Grey and the ones I did with Dawnstone. Thanks, tho!

Also, because I'm insane, I decided to make a new Whirlwind turret from a bunch of the leftover Deathwind Launchers from the Drop Pods instead of just using one of my 2nd Ed ones.

Speaking of leftovers from the Drop Pods, if you glue the doors shut like I did, the mount for the gun works as a Razorback turret as well, fits that hatch ring perfectly.