Relearning the Fantasy

After watching our local heroes soar to victory in the OFCC, I'm thinking of giving Fantasy another go with the tentative goal of having something together by OFCC 2015 (or maybe just borrowing an army Joeystyle). Would anyone be down for a relearning game sometime in the next few weeks? It'll be good practice for the Slamwich no doubt and you can brag to all of your friends about beating me severely.

• Like 2

Totally smashing the DEA.

I'm probably going to play a few games with Warriors and a few games with VC to see which I'm feeling more. Like I've said though, I do actually have some Warriors models already though so that might lean me in that direction if I like how they play these days. I'd probably just be looking at 2500 at the moment since that's what people are playing right now for the Ham Slamwich. I'm really hoping the OFCC doesn't get shrunk down to 2400 like I've heard they might, but we'll see. Whenever an official amount gets announced for that (so probably not until next year some time) I'll start modifying my list down to that amount.

Kinda unrelated to the tournament, but just testing the local meta: what are peoples opinions of the various fan dexes out there?  I don't see any GW Fantasy armies that really appeal to me, and I'm kinda done giving them money, but I have been racking up a bunch of Clan War models and I was kinda wanting to give the Nippon ebook a whirl.  Is anyone harshly opposed to playing casual against those kinds of things?

• Like 1

The feel I've gotten is fairly decent. Some of the fan dexes are pretty solid, and OFCC allows one or two. My guess is with enough playing and opinions, they would approve most of them out there. I've always wanted to give the Halflings a go. I love the hobbity feel to them. I'd say find some dbag here to let you run em, and then after a bit go for it. Proxy what you need to until people feel comfortable with what it allows.

Most likely, yes. The only trick right now is that all of my Warhammer stuff is buried in my storage unit. I could theoretically go dig through it this weekend and have stuff together by Tuesday though. Getting around to doing stuff isn't my strong suit though so I might not be ready until next Tuesday, but I'll let you know. That said if anyone had a spare assortment of models and movement trays that I could use to proxy stuff up, I'd be up for that.

Kinda unrelated to the tournament, but just testing the local meta: what are peoples opinions of the various fan dexes out there?  I don't see any GW Fantasy armies that really appeal to me, and I'm kinda done giving them money, but I have been racking up a bunch of Clan War models and I was kinda wanting to give the Nippon ebook a whirl.  Is anyone harshly opposed to playing casual against those kinds of things?

Depends. Does Nippon have as good a chance of nuking itself as it does the enemy? If not, I'm not sure its the army for you.

Sure Jim.  Whatever you say.  BTW since you hand delivered my KS loot, what you doing with the $9 in shipping I paid?  I'm gonna guess bourbon.

Did you overpay, Yarb? Objective Markers had their own $12 pledge level - if you got them by backing at the $19 level, you totally overpaid. If you overpaid: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! RICH, RICH I TELL YOU!!!!!! (also, give me your snailmail and I'll send you a piece of resin hate mail).

Did you overpay, Yarb? Objective Markers had their own $12 pledge level - if you got them by backing at the $19 level, you totally overpaid. If you overpaid: BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! RICH, RICH I TELL YOU!!!!!! (also, give me your snailmail and I'll send you a piece of resin hate mail).

I must have read the survey wrong I suppose.  You know me and my reading skills.

I assume that "resin hate mail" is a collection of slimes, molds, oozes, slimes, puddings, and more slimes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.