Da Orks Dredd Mobbbbb!!!

andozane

So, kicking around the thought of running the Dredd Mob from the Ghazkull book...

Benefit is all models inflict 1D3+1 Hammer of Wrath Impact hits...

And of course the allowance of so many Heavies.

What do you think?  The Dredd Mob is as it is...Just a bunch of big models.  The Kans have Grotzookas because that is what  I have :)

Then I throw in the CAD of the Warboss and two squads of Boyz.

Big Mek with the large squad and everyone positions with the Morkanauts, giving them a 4+ Invuln to shooting.

Its ORKY!!!

HQ: Big Mek (1#, 114 pts)
   1 Big Mek, (Character); Stikkbombs; Choppa; Slugga; 'Eavy Armour; Mek's Tools; Mega Force Field; 'Ere We Go!; Furious Charge; Mob Rule)

HQ: Painboy (1#, 55 pts)
   1 Painboy, 55 pts ((C:O, pg. 59); Infantry (Character); 'Urty Syringe; Grot Orderly; Dok's Tools; 'Ere We Go!; Feel No Pain; Furious Charge; Independent Character; Mob Rule)

Heavy Support: Morkanaut (1#, 250 pts)
   1 Morkanaut, 250 pts ((C:O, pg. 83); Vehicle (Walker, Transport); 6 model capacity; 1 Access Point; Klaw of Gork (or possibly Mork); Kustom Mega-Blasta; Kustom Mega-Kannon; Rokkit Launcha x2; Twin-linked Big Shoota x2; Grot Riggers; Hammer of Wrath; It Will Not Die)

Heavy Support: Morkanaut (1#, 250 pts)
   1 Morkanaut, 250 pts ((C:O, pg. 83); Vehicle (Walker, Transport); 6 model capacity; 1 Access Point; Klaw of Gork (or possibly Mork); Kustom Mega-Blasta; Kustom Mega-Kannon; Rokkit Launcha x2; Twin-linked Big Shoota x2; Grot Riggers; Hammer of Wrath; It Will Not Die)

Heavy Support: Deff Dread (1#, 100 pts)
   1 Deff Dread, 100 pts ((C:O, pg. 80); Vehicle (Walker); Power Klaw x2; Power Klaw x2; Hammer of Wrath)

1 Deff Dread, 100 pts ((C:O, pg. 80); Vehicle (Walker); Power Klaw x2; Power Klaw x2; Hammer of Wrath)

Heavy Support: Killer Kans (3#, 165 pts)
   3 Killer Kans, 165 pts ((C:O, pg. 81); Vehicle (Walker); Kan Klaw x3; Grotzooka x3; Cowardly Grots!; Hammer of Wrath)

3 Killer Kans, 165 pts ((C:O, pg. 81); Vehicle (Walker); Kan Klaw x3; Grotzooka x3; Cowardly Grots!; Hammer of Wrath)

Combined Arms Detachment

HQ: Warboss (1#, 129 pts)
   1 Warboss (HQ) [Orks], 129 pts ((C:O, pg. 54); Infantry (Character); Stikkbombs; 'Eavy Armour; Bosspole; Power Klaw; Kombi Weapon with Skorcha; Da Lucky Stick; 'Ere We Go!; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!)

Troops: Boyz (30#, 250 pts)
   29 Boyz (Troops) [Orks], 250 pts ((C:Orks, pg. 62); Infantry; Stikkbombs; Choppa; Shoota; 'Ere We Go!; Furious Charge; Mob Rule)
      1 Boss Nob [Orks] ((C:Orks, pg. 62); Infantry (Character); Stikkbombs; Bosspole; Shoota; Power Klaw; 'Ere We Go!; Furious Charge; Mob Rule)

Troops: Boyz (13#, 157 pts)
   11 Boyz (Troops) [Orks], 157 pts ((C:Orks, pg. 62); Infantry; Stikkbombs; Choppa; Slugga; 'Ere We Go!; Furious Charge; Mob Rule)
      1 Boss Nob [Orks] ((C:Orks, pg. 62); Infantry (Character); Stikkbombs; Bosspole; Slugga; Power Klaw; 'Ere We Go!; Furious Charge; Mob Rule)
      1 Trukk [Orks] ((C:O, pg. 70); Vehicle (Fast, Open-Topped Transport); 12 model capacity; Big Shoota; Boarding Plank; Ramshackle)

® - Try it for free at http://www.wolflair.com
  • Like 2

Just a quick thought, I'd clean up the info so we don't see all the extraneous stuff.  

As to the list at hand.  I've had decent success with the deff dred so far.  At 100 pts, they aren't so 'spensive that you really care, but they are a mack truck of pain if they get in melee.  The changes to the vehicle damage table makes them more resilient against one-shot kills, though they still fold up to massed high strength shooting.  

I'm not really too certain about the morkanauts.  I get that they are cool looking, and if that's what you're going for, fair thee well, but I think you'd be better served with shaving a few points elsewhere and dropping both and getting a stompa (I'm not sure if that invalidates the formation though).  

I have actually been building something very similar to this over the last few months! I added 3 bommas for some extra mek flying and for a few laughs and it works pretty well! The Kan wall in front of everything else is pretty brutal! 

Let me know how play testing goes with it! 

• Like 1

Ya I've been building up an army to start playing with and was looking at the dread mob.  It looks fun to play and the models at least look rad.  Hopefully I'll have it built and painted by the end of november(realistically speaking).  I just scored a deal on two gorkanauts so I can't wait till I get them in the mail.  I should have a small portion of my army all painted by the end of this week so hopefully I can swing by on tuesday nights and get a couple small point games in.