Smalll but important FAQ update

Edit: Also, has anybody else been following the epic whine-fest on the WargamersUSA boards? Hilarious. This is what happens when comp gamers get it into their heads that they play this game competitively. How can you call yourself a competitive gamer if you don't know how to deal with filth coming at you across the table?

I think this is a mischaracterization of the conversation. It not that they don't know how to deal with filth, most of those people bring and deal with the filthiest possible lists at the few no comp events in the region. It's because of that that they know exactly what you can do with filth, and (reasonably), think that filth is bad for the game from a balance standpoint and thus makes it less fun and less competitive.

"This is what happens when comp gamers get it into their heads that they play this game competitively. " 

I really hope I'm reading this wrong and apologize if I am. I'm petty sure what you're insinuating here is that Warhammer can't actually by played competitively and "comp gamers" are wrong about this issue because they make the mistake of trying. (please correct me if I'm wrong) 

I would respond that warhammer is a strategy game, and while GW has made it clear that's not their focus, that doesn't mean a community can't edit (comp) a game they enjoy to try to balance it enough to be a functional strategy game. I, personally, deeply enjoy warhammer AS a strategy game. The number of options and possibilities and unique builds means it provides something I haven't had enough of in other strategy games. I would rather that strategy game be balanced, and would rather both my opponent and I have lists of similar power level.

You may not view warhamemr as a strategy game. Maybe it's social and modeling/hobby and you aren't interested in playing chess with painted toys. That's fine, and is, of course, a legitimate way to enjoy your hobby, because you define what is a legitimate way you enjoy your hobby, not me.

So is playing it as a strategy game.

I do agree some people are overreacting.

• Like 5

I agree with Romes and while the new rule gives me concern of players abusing this new rule I also am looking for ways now to deal with it. Do I think my O&G has reliable ways to deal with double Daemon Princes? No not really. But I know someone is going to bring it.

Can my Empire deal with double Daemon Princes? Can you say two cannons and a Steam Tank? So what this might do is up the power of your average lists and we may see more filth in the everyday list, not just tournament lists. And as a more casual player I don't want to have to bring my filthy Dark Elves and Cannon Brigade every Sunday.

But for now I will bring my O&G till I see how this turns out.

And as a side note I have been collecting the models I found cool looking and Fun to play, so I don't have a lot of the models for filth lists yet and don't look forward to getting them. Some of us like to play fun relaxed games and want some sort of comp to keep it some what balanced.

So, after thinking on various effects over the last few days I realized that the Anvil of doom is slightly less sucky with 50/50 characters since you'll have points left for that killer lord you previously could not afford due to sinking all your lord allotment into the anvil. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks... just that one point of suckage has been alleviated (and a small one at that).

Also... Holy crap!!!! I might be able to paint enough elves to finally have a field-able army!!!

So, after thinking on various effects over the last few days I realized that the Anvil of doom is slightly less sucky with 50/50 characters since you'll have points left for that killer lord you previously could not afford due to sinking all your lord allotment into the anvil. Don't get me wrong, it still sucks... just that one point of suckage has been alleviated (and a small one at that).

While that's true, i think you'd be looking at a seriously weak remaining army. I don't feel dwarves are abook that can compete while resting on the laurels of their characters.

It could work in a gunline list which, while it's still the most powerful build, is also hideously boring and unimaginative to play with/against.

Shame on you!

While that's true, i think you'd be looking at a seriously weak remaining army. I don't feel dwarves are abook that can compete while resting on the laurels of their characters.

It could work in a gunline list which, while it's still the most powerful build, is also hideously boring and unimaginative to play with/against.

Shame on you!

Actually, now that you mention it... I'll bring three anvils!

That'll show em!